How would you hunt this map

Logan

mapcoyhuntcopy_zps65b82364.jpg

Any suggestions for this set?
i will be parking south of bottom of map with a HWY that runs fairly parrelel.

I will be setting up somewhere inside rectangle, expecting NNE wind, to the right is no hunting.The rectangle is roughly 250 yards square.
I will be using a home made mp3 ecaller with preset series of calls on timer.

Last edited:
Hmm..problay on the westside facing east...but watching my down wind side...staying on the edge of cover....cause you know their angledown wind or just appoach straight into the wind...but i might gun and run to see where their at and then setup like hunting turkeys just use the wind to your advanged..so locating calls would tell where to setup....Rusty

It's tought to say because I don't know what the wind is, and it's not close enough to see the topo.

Toward the middle of the it there is an l shaped cluser of bushes, and i would depending on the elevation set up there, assuming the area is flat.

I would put the call out about 25 yards Diagonally into the wind. This way if something comes in, hopefully they are funneled around the brush, and if they come in from the down wind they will cross right in front of me. They will also have to expose themselves from the surounding cover. to come in. and there appears to be vegitation that will hopefully funnel the animals in to your stand.
If i can i like to make sure that i am on a rise, that will give me a better vantage. If a coyote can, they are very good at getting to the call using the terrain to mask themselves. If you sit where you can't see around you, they will sneak in on you and out, before you have a chance to shoot.

Good luck.

Back