If you had $800 for a New AR...

Originally Posted By: DultimatpredatorI just put together my upper and lower this morning the ar stoner and Areo lower was a pretty close fit. It had just a hair of up and down movement in the rear of the upper and tight in the front not rattling back and forth. I turned in the rear receiver adjustment screw a few turns in and the upper and lower now have a rock solid feel. No movement what so ever. But you can see just a hair of daylight between the two components. About the sheet of a paper thickness. If it really bothers me I'll have to research how to make the fit flush. I have a CMC 2.5 lb single stage trigger I'll put shortly but can tell you the factory trigger, even though it's heavy, feels good.

I ordered a fixed sopmod stock from bushmaster off their 450BM AR for $53 direct that will be here next week.

GpN1VCN.jpg

pNUyHZn.jpg

BpwQmVe.jpg

It's a little on the heavy side but doesn't bother me. I'm 6'2" and managed a couple commercial tire facilities for about a decade and a half and use to install and stack up to 800 lb farm tires...but i can tell you it's starting to catch up with me.

Looks like a nice build. I love the AR15 and AR10 platform. They can be built lt. weight if desired, can be compact, and capable of great accuracy with rapid follow up shot capability.

I have five Aero M5 builds, one has a 16" barrel, not too heavy to carry, and shoots Hornady 110 TAP ammo sub MOA... great coyote rifle.

My barrel weighs a hair over 5lbs by itself. I wanted a heavy target set up. I might buy a lightweight upper or barrel to try in the future but I'm happy with my purchase so far. We will see how it shoots.

Last edited:
Do you reload? That can help a lot, I would call Ritch for a barrel. The check out joebob outfitters for parts watch for sales. I like my velocity trigger.

Back