IR Illumination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVC
As for rechargeables, yes we do not recommend them ad we have seen way too many instances of these blowing in severe warm weather. The Torch Pro has a 10 hour battery life so not sure how that is going to be so expensive to change batts? We also recommend no rechards in NV products but some still use them and we see the consequences of these expensive devices.

We are only allowed to night hunter during the winter months. No worries about extreme heat exploding batteries. Frost bite is a bigger concern. If the light was designed for it why not use them. I would never use them in a expensive NV unit.

Originally Posted By: SnorhVic, I asked a ??? and DFWRoadKill answered with his experience and opinion. I didn't read anything about your product in that statement. As for OpticsPlanet, I commend them for standing behind their warrenty and giving me a 100% refund on a product that was not worth 2 cents. I'm sure you stand behind your products 100% also. I ment you no il nor do I think Roadkill did either. Please reply!
Snorh

Was nothing on your post at all, had no il about it. :) More going on than you're aware with shills with motives from another forum posing for the purpose of favor for another. It's called a "set up post". We get followed a lot. :-( Glad you had a good refund experience, good to hear!

These types of debates are always interesting and a learning experience for all. In general, one can conclude that there will always be disagreements aboout which one is "the best". The same debate goes on with respect to what NV scope or monocular is "the best". The only right answer is what is "the best" for one person may not be "the best" for another person. Reason is there are several different types of NV applications available on the market just as there are several different types of IR devices. Each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Then you toss in quality, price, made in the US, made in China, etc, etc.

In the end, my gauge of what is "the best" is when a customer buys a product, the product works as advertised, the price was competitive, and it suited their need (s). When these minimal conditions aren't met, the next step is to make it right for them either by offering a full refund, fixing it (if it broke due to quality issues), or substituting with something that does suit their needs. In the end, it really comes down to making the customer happy......and I believe that most sponsors on this website understand this. Kevin

"Most" Sponsors do Kevin...But some come from another forum and plant BS with setup posts to pimp the said sponsor...

FAIR debate is one thing, than we had this, which was not even close to a debate. Poster comes in with 1 post to invent problems on our product that NEVER exist all in the name of pimping another product. Seen this for years how some operate.
sneaky2.gif

Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back