is 59 too old to start predator hunting

Best damn discussion I have read in a long time (cause I'm as old as B&G and had the same question)

When I got the itch, I bought the .223, scope, boots, caller and camo. Now I spend my free time scouting the coyote reports and locations I can get to in a 4 hour drive.

Big thanks to all the members for giving a boost of confidence. Really appreciated!!!

BG,

I hope "late fifties" isn't too old, or I'm in real trouble. Before I retired from the military, the last time I hunted was in 1988. I gave up because of the 'Minnie Pearl" types running around with price tags dangling from the trigger guard and the fact only a fool would try to stalk a deer in this day and time.

Nope. Varmints are great. I figure if the Lord gives me about twenty more years, I might get purdy good at this.

Dang Rich!!!.......I must be walkng to much! Gonna have to try hunting like you. Sounds way better. LOL!

I would site my rifles in at 100 yards, dead on! Good luck. You might want to look into a FoxPro caller as well.

I got to talk to the great Murry Burnham about a month ago. I ask him if he hunts predators anymore and he said heck yes when ever he can. I believe Rich Cronk told me Murry is 77 years old now. That gives us 50 and 60 year olds something to think about, Good Hunting Guys.

i have my model 70 sighted in 2 inches high at 100 yards.. its dead even at 200.. and doesn't drop too much at 300.. 4" maybe

When I went on that calling safari with Murry Burnham, I was 50 years old and Murry was 62. I try to hunt as much like Murry Burnham as I can. There are a couple of small differences of course. My legs ain't near as long as old Murry's, so I have to take twice as many steps to travel same distance as he does. Second difference is that Murry wasn't using coyote howls back then, and I was just getting started with the howling technique.

Back