IS IT TRUE THAT BOBCATS DON'T USE THERE NOSE????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just passing this on. When I use to trap, I would catch a few bobcats every year in my coon sets. To keep thing simple and fast, I used fish oil only at most of my sets. The only way for them to even know the set was there, is if they have a faily good sniffer on them. Not saying it's on the same level as a K9, cause it's not. But it's better then a humans. Now how much they use it when coming to the call, I have no idea. The one and only bobcat I've shot, came straight in with no care in the world. Wish they were all like that!

well lets see our predominate wind is from the south west at anywhere from 10-15 on most days. My neighbor is 2 mile to my North East how long do you think it would take the scent of a hot female to get there?
To answer the question ONCE AGAIN, cats do use their nose.Does it affect the way I call? very little if I'm targeting cats.

Since Q seems to be the expert on Tongue to anus, I'll leave that subject to him.

Quote:
Seriously.... this is getting ridiculous.

I have to agree...

Guys... this was a simple question asked that has turned into a Jr High drama spat. Get it back on topic and leave the personal attacks off this site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Wow I didn't mean to start a huge fight!!! LOL!!! But you guys did answer my question. I was asking it because if I drive 4 hours to call for a weekend I will just try and call cats if the wind is swirling. I am not going to drive home and not hunt. My friend claimed the fact that cats don't use ther nose like yotes, and foxes so would could still call and have a chance at getting a cat to respond. If you guys want to keep fighting about the question you can I find it funny. Thanks for answering the question again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back