Israel Invades Gaza

azmastablasta

Israel is opening a can of whoopazz. Can't help but wonder if this and/or it's eventual outcome is tied to the Tetrad. http://guardianlv.com/2014/03/lunar-eclipse-tetrad-prophecy-of-four-blood-moons/

Israel Invades Gaza After Hamas Rejects Truce
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — Jul 17, 2014, 5:20 PM ET
By KARIN LAUB and IAN DEITCH Associated Press
Associated Press

Thousands of Israeli soldiers invaded the Gaza Strip on Thursday, escalating a 10-day military operation to try to destroy Hamas' weapons arsenal, rocket firing abilities and tunnels under the Palestinian territory's border with Israel.

It was the first major Israeli ground offensive in Gaza in just over five years and came after Egyptian-led efforts to broker a cease-fire failed. Earlier Thursday, 13 Hamas militants tried to infiltrate Israel through a tunnel under the Gaza-Israel border, but were stopped by an Israeli strike at the mouth of the tunnel.

The military said the operation was open-ended and would be carried out on several fronts in the coastal strip.

"Our forces, large ground forces accompanied by massive air force support, naval forces and intelligence, are taking over targets in Gaza, operating against tunnels and terror activists and infrastructure," Israel's chief military spokesman Brig. Gen. Motti Almoz said.

He called on Gaza residents to evacuate areas where the military is operating, warning the "military is operating there with very great force."

Thousands of soldiers backed by tanks and huge DC9 bulldozers entered the Hamas-ruled territory after 10 p.m. Thursday, security officials and Israeli media said.

Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum said Israel "will pay dearly" for the assault. "Hamas is ready for a confrontation," he said.

An official in the Gaza security operations room reported heavy Israeli tank shelling along Gaza's border areas with Israel since 8 p.m. Thursday.

"All border areas are under fire. There is a tank shell every minute," said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity in line with briefing regulations. "There is also fire from the sea toward police checkpoints."

Thousands of Israeli soldiers had massed on the border with Gaza in recent days, waiting for the order to go in. Israel had called up 48,000 reserve soldiers and Lt. Col. Peter Lerner, another Israeli military spokesman, said more could be called up.

The ground operation followed a brief truce earlier Thursday in which Israel held fire to allow Gazans to stock up on food and other necessities after being largely holed up at home since the conflict began last month.

Since July 8, Israeli strikes have hit more than 2,000 targets in Gaza and Hamas launched nearly 1,500 rockets at Israel, the Israeli military has said.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office said he instructed the army to go ahead after Hamas rejected an Egyptian cease-fire plan earlier in the week and after Hamas militants tried to infiltrate into Israel through a tunnel from Gaza.

"In light of the despicable and relentless aggression by Hamas and the dangerous infiltration into Israel, Israel is obliged to protect its citizens," the statement said.

Israel last carried out a major ground offensive in Gaza in January 2009. The ground operation came toward the end of a three-week military campaign.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/israel-agrees-humanitarian-pause-gaza-24590757

Israel is surrounded by groups/countries that want them dead!

I say they take out everybody in a 600 mile radius, stopping any & all threats!!

GO Israel!!!!

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerJust think if the U.S. had these kind of leaders.

i think we do, they just havent been elected to the top office yet. hopefully soon
wink.gif

you can bet the media isn't following along, they just let the media see the results when it is over. Show the world how it is done Israel.

Originally Posted By: semo97you can bet the media isn't following along, they just let the media see the results when it is over. Show the world how it is done Israel.

Im sure the media will show some pictures of dead kids cause Hamas just happened to hide their rocket launcher in their pre-school... No one cares about Hamas' BS propaganda anymore...

Hamas is incompetence defined... 1,500 rockets launched across the border just hoping to hit a jew... The few rockets that make it past Iron dome are hitting nothing... Total idiots that grew up throwing rocks at tanks...

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerJust think if the U.S. had these kind of leaders.

Whether you like Israel or not, you have to admire the fact that they don't take any crap off their enemies. They don't sit on their arses and twiddle their thumbs while their people are under attack.....and more importantly, they know that the only good terrorist is a dead one.

It's too bad so much is coming out of our pockets. Put your self in Israel's shoes, would you turn down your big brothers help in a 5 on 1 fight?

I don't know how much benefit there is to us having Israel around but it's hard to not admire them.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerIt's too bad so much is coming out of our pockets. Put your self in Israel's shoes, would you turn down your big brothers help in a 5 on 1 fight?

The bigger question is why would your big brother cheer on the 5 attacking you instead of helping you?

we have constantly urged israel to exercise restraint. they keep having attacks/retaliation & nothing ever gets put to an end.

I'm of the mind that they should tell us to bark off, take off the gloves & take the fight until they've pounded the other side into utter submission. A clear & substantial victory, with the final message of "This is the last time we're playing this. Start it up again & we'll just exterminate what's left of you & be done with it"

Maybe then we'd see this crap come to an end. Maybe...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Stu Farishwe have constantly urged israel to exercise restraint. they keep having attacks/retaliation & nothing ever gets put to an end.

I'm of the mind that they should tell us to bark off, take off the gloves & take the fight until they've pounded the other side into utter submission.

The problem is that the "other side" includes a [beeep] of a lot more than just the Palestinians. This would be akin to the US attacking Albania back during the Cold War and then claiming victory over the entire communist bloc.

The "other side", in this case includes nation states like Iran and Syria, but it also includes enemies that Israel cannot easily identify or target, like terrorist groups within Yemen, Saudi, Pakistan, etc. It's the same issue we faced with Osama Bin Laden, it's fine to know WHO the enemy is, but figuring out where he is so you can attack him is a much larger problem.

Best we can do is stay out of this. We don't gain anything by taking sides in a conflict that predates even the origins of our country. There is no right answer to the question of who should control what in that corner of the world. The overlapping claims go back 4,000 years or more.

Until the parties WANT to work something out, they'll keep hammering each other. Nothing we can do about that so may as well stay out of it.

Grouse

Originally Posted By: LongnkrnchOriginally Posted By: Rock KnockerIt's too bad so much is coming out of our pockets. Put your self in Israel's shoes, would you turn down your big brothers help in a 5 on 1 fight?

The bigger question is why would your big brother cheer on the 5 attacking you instead of helping you?

Big brother is currently high on drugs, hopefully the trip will wear off soon.

Amen Shootist. And Grouse I also agree with the first half of your statement. The problem is this enmity has indeed festered since the time of Abraham and Sarah. In most all things Abraham followed God's word very closely, that is until Sarah convinced him to have a child with their female slave. And so Ishmael was born and he and his mother were eventually driven out. Ishmael was the first of these tribes of terrorists and retribution has resulted ever since. Now I realize this is not a religious forum, however, the truth is the truth and sometimes here in the church it is indeed painful. This is all part of God's plan for the human race and God is very explicit in admonishing us to always support his chosen people. Some here may not be believers, I wish it were different, but that too is part of God's plan. Whether or not some refuse to believe God's word in no way changes the fact that the truth is the truth, and in the end some will receive a shocking surprise. If this nation turns it's back on Israel we will deserve the destruction such an act will wrought.

As much as we gripe about our borders, illegal immigrants, the profusion of blacks into our lives, our corrupt media and politics, I just can't believe most of you can't see the forest for all of the trees, and how they all are linked together. Israel is not our ally or friend; and the United States is targeted to the the new Israel. Most every president for some time has been a puppet for their whims and desires. Call me skinhead or what you like, but I prefer OBSERVANT.

Last edited:
I stand behind Israel… this was written to take place long ago… I am not saying this is the fight to defeat the Anit-Christ, but this is where the battle of Armageddon is to take place… one side is not going to just walk away or stop fighting… there are sever logistical problems inter woven with religious sights both sides are willing to die for… the Dome of the Rock is one of the holiest sites in Islam and it sits atop the ancient ruins of the Temple Mount which is the holiest sites in Jerusalem.. it would take outright vanquishing of one side to settle this dispute, it would involve a catastrophic abuse of human rights by one side to accomplish this… kinda like we did Hiroshima only on a larger scale… after Israel kicks [beeep] and completes a “successful” military incursion and pulls back, Palestinian kids will be throwing rocks at tanks again the very next day…

Originally Posted By: KarlAs much as we gripe about our borders, illegal immigrants, the profusion of blacks into our lives, our corrupt media and politics, I just can't believe most of you can't see the forest for all of the trees, and how they all are linked together. Israel is not our ally or friend; and the United States is targeted to the the new Israel. Most every president for some time has been a puppet for their whims and desires. Call me skinhead or what you like, but I prefer OBSERVANT.

C'mon Karl, give me a break. Yanno, you and I agree more than we disagree around here, but surely my eyes are deceiving me. Did you actually post a video from such an erudite individual as the one and only David Duke? Far be it from me to call you a skinhead, I actually like you, but surely there is somewhere in the vast innerwebs a better spokesperson for reality than David Duke. From my perspective I could care less whether Israel is my friend or not. And as far as every President being a puppet to their whims, well maybe so. I believe the hearts of Kings and even principalities are actually molded and manipulated if you will by God. Much of the events in this world, especially lately are not under the control of man. And if I might say, I am not the least concerned with any idea of a New Israel, it's the New Jerusalem that I'm eagerly looking for. But hey YMMV and that's fine, hope we can still be friends.

Back