Knife junkies: What's your EDC?

I carry the kershaw chill. simple and nice to keep in the pocket. I just ordered a fixed blade it's the cold steel pendleton lite hunter. Picked it up for $13 and it seems to get really good reviews so I'm excited to try it out, especially for the price. Anyone have experience with this knife?

I have a drawer full of knives.

About 6 years ago, I got a set of McCroskey Trapper knives. I skinned and boned out 4 does with one of the knives and it would sill shave you.

Next I bought three more types, if you love high quality knives, you should treat yourself to one of these knives.

mccroskeyknives.com

Stillwater, OK

You would think that I was nuts to suggest that you could skin 50+ coyotes with a knife before it got dull, how about going on an elk hunt and skinning and butchering every elk killed in camp and the knife would still shave you, I could go on and on.

One guy skinned beaver off of his trap line all year long and never sharpened the knife...no kidding.

I have some Custom rifles that I am really proud of, but my McCroskey Knives will be in my Will to pass on.

BUCK MAYO WAIMEA TITANIUM HANDLE - S30V STEEL

This is my EDC. Very Light!!

bu171.jpg

I paid $145 for this knife in 2008 and it's now ranging from $180 - $210

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rpc55jump, your knives look great! thanks for posting them.
I kind of like doing these, and thanks. Here's one I just finished up for a gift to my son. It's either a camp knife or zombie killer or........

IMG_1891Medium.jpg

IMG_1890Medium.jpg

IMG_1892Medium.jpg

Great work again jump....love that one too.

I only have one custom knife made by an old blacksmith now deceased. He made a bunch of knives in all different sizes from old lumber mill circular saw blades. All of the handles are the same. If I get the chance I'll take a picture of my dads collection. Here is the one that I own.

Photo189.jpg

Originally Posted By: SW_IN_22-250Benchmade 705

Best carry knife I've ever had. Lost mine & got another only to loose it. I have learned to take the clip off! (Vines, seatbelts, etc steal knives!) I've been carrying a griptilian for a couple years now. It's ok but nothing like the 705.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY A 705 (they are discontinued).

I have a brand new 710 a friend picked up for me by mistake if anyone wants a big brother to the 705...

Originally Posted By: coleridgeOriginally Posted By: SW_IN_22-250Benchmade 705

Best carry knife I've ever had. Lost mine & got another only to loose it. I have learned to take the clip off! (Vines, seatbelts, etc steal knives!) I've been carrying a griptilian for a couple years now. It's ok but nothing like the 705.

I have a brand new 710 a friend picked up for me by mistake if anyone wants a big brother to the 705...

Are any of the Benchmade Griptillians that are now made similiar to the 705?

here's one

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/863891-Benchmade-705BT-04-Limited-Edition-and-741-Onslaught-First-Production-*Price-Drop*?highlight=Benchmade+705

The 705's had a full G10 handle & a slightly different blade design, All the griptillians are plasick handle with a metal frame.

Thanks for the heads up on the 705 I sent the guy an email. However, I was wanting the stainless look & full G10 handle. That special run just had a G10 inlay. Still looking for now if anyone knows were one is at. No serated though THANKS!

Back