Load recommendation for 75gr Hornady BTHP? **Range Results

First, I'm board to tears at work with a lot of down time so yes I'm responding to a 5 year old thread. If you have a wylde or a NATO chamber, 25.2 grains of AA2520 behind a 77 grain Nosler CC or a Hornaday 75 grain BTHP in a lake city case will plesantly suprise you. According to my magnitospeed, I'm getting a 40 shot average MV of 2908 from an 8 twist 20" barreled RRA Predator pursuit.(That is not a misprint) Primer pockets stay tight through 5 loadings and no flattened or cratered primers. Accordint to JBM at 200 yards this load makes 937.2 foot pouds of energy at 200 yards!!


It beats up my brass pretty good so I toss them after 5 loadings


IF YOU HAVE A SEMI-AUTO WITH A SAMMI SPEC CHAMBER THIS LOAD IS NOT FOR YOU!!

 
Last edited:
I'm trying to work up a load for these bullets for a hog hunt. I'm shooting 2 RRA AR's, a 20" 1/8" and a 16" 1/9".
Tried 23g, 23.5g, and 23.8g of TAC and I cant get better than 2"-2.5" out of either gun. Both will shoot under an inch with 60gr VMAX.
So I guess I'm looking for a different powder recommendation? The only other powder I have on hand is Benchmark.

I'm also planning on trying some 62g TSX's, so any load/powder suggestions there would be appreciated also.

Thanks
if you found a node on the powder charge, lets say 23.8 then you need to test around that node again. start with 23.7, 23.9, 24. Then after that, you will have to test seating depth with your Optimal single Charge Weight....start with 3 shots per 2.450, 2.500, 2.550, 2.595. You should find at least one shot group should have a tighter triangle shape.
 
Back
Top