Looks like the ATF is at it again

Originally Posted By: crapshootAm i to assume that the weapon is only valid in IL since it is not federally regulated?

Its an NFA item just like any other State. Illinois just requires you to have a C&R FFL before you can apply to the Feds to make an sbr and receive your tax stamp. You cannot cross State lines unless you get paperwork/permission from the Feds....I am pretty sure thats how it goes with all NFA items in any State that allows them.

I have a question about AR Pistols. I buy stripped lower from Runnings in Moorhead MN. You need a CC or a permit to purchase in MN as a AR is considered a handgun. I have been buying the Bear Creek arms pistol uppers and putting them on with the Shockwave blades

Do I need a SBR stamp to shoot one and hunt with them legally or take them across state lines?

Last edited:
federally speaking you wont have an issue crossing state lines with them, nor needing a tax stamp. a brace does not make a pistol a rifle, at least according to *CURRENT* batfe regulations anyway, no matter the manner in which its used. that of course is subject to change on a relative whim, hence this thread.

you'd have to check your state specific hunting regs to see if theres anything funky that it would interfere with, etc.

Back