Lucky Duck or Shockwave?

Mark, you can go to the Lucky Duck website and pull up the Revolt and then hover over the unit and remote to get a close up look. The one single difference is the stop/pause button being enlarged so a guy can push it without hitting the other buttons around it, with gloves on. There are a few other changes also, but that's the one thing that I like most that changed from the Revolution remote.
One feature that will help cast the sound in the wind for you is the ability to rotate the call. And if anyone thinks that doesn't make a difference, then it's obvious they've never rotated a call toward them while on stand. You can go from not thinking the call is very loud to thinking, holy crap, I need to turn it down.

Originally Posted By: songdogMark, you can go to the Lucky Duck website and pull up the Revolt and then hover over the unit and remote to get a close up look. The one single difference is the stop/pause button being enlarged so a guy can push it without hitting the other buttons around it, with gloves on. There are a few other changes also, but that's the one thing that I like most that changed from the Revolution remote.
One feature that will help cast the sound in the wind for you is the ability to rotate the call. And if anyone thinks that doesn't make a difference, then it's obvious they've never rotated a call toward them while on stand. You can go from not thinking the call is very loud to thinking, holy crap, I need to turn it down.

Thanks for the response, TR. I can't seem to get a good zoom in on the Lucky Duck website. No worries though. I am probably going to end up with both these callers anyways. I have had my eye on the Revolution and then Revolt ever since they came out. Not sure I am going to be able to hold out any longer. I agree with you that the ability to rotate the caller remotely is a huge plus. It is really what attracted me to these callers in the first place. Also, the ability to increase the gain of the caller is brilliant. I do have one more question for you. Is the 100 sounds that come with the Revolt Lucky Duck's entire sound library? Just curious if they have other sounds that could be purchased in the future. Not that you really need more than 100 sounds. Thanks again, TR.

Originally Posted By: songdog

TR, when you are using the rotate feature, do you set it for a constant rotate or swing it from time to time during the stand?

The shockwave and the CS24C are the best calls on the market. The LD sound library is awesome. But then again the foxpro library is probably responsible for more dead coyotes than any all other calls combined.

Originally Posted By: lowtempguruI bet Johnny and Gerald Stewart would disagree with that comment...

bet you are right.

johnny stewart was providing callers to guys for killing predators before columbus discovered america. well almost that long ago.
rolleyes.gif

Have both, use both. Been trying to breed them and get a crossbred. No luck yet.
Each has it's own good qualities. It is no joke that the sounds on the LD are outstanding. I find myself scrolling thru many sounds on the shockwave to get to a few go to sounds. I've not found a sound on the LD yet that I am not confident in.
It's like comparing apples and oranges because there are really few similarities, all the way down to the price point. That's why I have and use both!

Quote:Is the 100 sounds that come with the Revolt Lucky Duck's entire sound library? Just curious if they have other sounds that could be purchased in the future. No, there are more sounds in the library. But currently the only way to get them is to buy a call directly from Rick, as he is allowed to add sounds on the units he sells direct. And obviously working on adding sounds to the library that won't be available until later. We gotta do some testing to see if they work ya know.
smile.gif

Quote: TR, when you are using the rotate feature, do you set it for a constant rotate or swing it from time to time during the stand? I either swing it from time to time or I do the 180 degree sweep every now and then.

Last edited:
Own both.Both have good sounds.As to quality,reliability and durability it's Shockwave by far.
My Shockwave is the E bunny.Been going for years and keeps going despite daily use and abuse.Runs in any weather.Rain and 48 degrees in Ks last week,minus 14 or more with wind and blowing snow here in SoDak this week.FACTS!

Back