Mark Oklahoma #9 on the FFA list of states passed

thumbup1.gif
My first wife and I taught school in Cushing, OK in l967 and kids @ the school there had circulated the word that they were going to "egg" our brand new Ford Fairlane 500! (No FORD jokes, ok?)

I took my Colt Frontier model 22LR and got in the back seat with a pillow and blanket ready for a very long night.

In a few minutes a car screeched into our parking area, stopped behind the car I was laying in the back seat of, and all four doors swung open and youths with eggs in their hands headed for me and my new Ford.

When they saw me, saw the little .22LR Revolver, they fled! I thought they might call the Police on me or tell their parents. Never happened. There never was a report of this incident and we did not use their tag number and vehicle description to report this 'attempted' crime!

I never pointed the weapon at any of them but I made sure they all saw it and I guess they recognized the signs that I was ready, willing, able to use it properly. (6 cylinders, 4 youths.)

I think maybe if I had taken a baseball bat out there it might have worked as well, but why take a chance?

Good hunting
cool.gif

Last edited:
PrairieMuffin,
Oklahoma's Make My Day Law is not that way. If anyone, and I do mean anyone, breaks the barrier of your home, you have the right to kill without fear of prosecution. The Castle Doctrine extends the Make My Day Law to outside your home. Just like the "Stand Your Ground" law gives you the right to meet force with force,whether deadly or not, by any means.

Example:
If someone breaks your window and has their arm through the glass/sash and is trying to un-lock the window, even though he's standing outside, he has still broken the barrier of your dwelling and is subject to deadness.

Trust me, you would have been "in the right" to have pulled the trigger.

In Texas, the law is such that if you catch someone breaking into your vehicle you have the right, by law, to shoot. I verified this with an LEO in Witchita Falls, Texas 3 years ago.

An interesting Oklahoma case in progress is Dr. Ersland whose 1st Degree Murder trial starts about June 22nd. He was inside the pharmacy when two armed robbers ran in yelling they were going to kill him.

The Oklahoma County DA is aggressively pursuing the death penalty because the perp was shot about 5-6 times in the heat of the moment taking about 47 some seconds, according to the video.

It will be a very ironic result if the Dr. and Retired USAF Lt.Col gets the death penalty for what was an act of self-defense which apparently does not line up precisely with the wording of current Oklahoma law.

All 5 of the robbery crew were 'crips' and had been incarcerated before.

This may be one of those times in history where after a crime, EVERYBODY goes to the penitentiary including the targeted victim.

LEO are required to only use the "minimum force" and that might be a good rule to follow even if you are not in that status.

Good hunting!

Keeping up with all them now I do, I'd always been told to defend yourself at all costs.

Expert I seen that whole story. I feel for that guy he should be cleared of all charges. It's stories just like that, that make it hard on some to know how they are suppose to react.
You know they are now trying to extent this law to all businesses? If I am right?, it was in April they said that. I don't know how that is going. I hope for the best.

cool.gif
The Oklahoma self-defense law has not been challenged much in legal appeals and the Reliable Pharmacy may create the opportunity for the public to see in a televised trial how an experienced criminal street gang can ruin a law abiding persons life in a few short seconds.

The Pharmacist was clearly the intended victim. Were it not for his valiant fight to protect his employees and the money and drugs, they all might have been shot dead in the back of the store like the victims at the Sirloin Stockade murders only 1.7 miles away years ago.

Hopefully, the Jurors will be able to separate fact from fiction and look at the big picture of what went on there that day.

There is no doubt in my mind he should go free after his horrible ordeal brought on him by professional criminals with long RAP sheets and numerous periods of prison time.

Good hunting!
cool.gif

Last edited:
What the "Drive-By" media is not telling the public is that Ersland was shot in the arm first. Private property issues should come into play as well.

D.A. Prater is a person I do not like at all.

Prairie,
It's all good. You can go to OSCN.com or .net or .gov or whatever it is and search those laws if y'ont to.

We as citizens have a lot of rights that a lot of us don't know we have. Like citizens arrest for instance.

I hope Ersland is cleared of all charges as well. He doesn't deserve what has happened to him.

Back