My coyote hunting buddy had a good day!

derbyacresbob

HOMAnimated (1).gif

On our second stand this morning a male coyote challenged us as soon as I started playing Adult Rat Distress, I quickly pushed my #4 preset sound that is Male Coyote Challenge 4 sound. I kept the Challenge 4 sound going for about 30 seconds and then switched to MFK Pissed Male sound for 30 seconds or so.

The male coyote was still screaming challenges at us so I switched sounds to MFK Coyote Fight Sound. The coyote stopped screaming at us and about 15 seconds later I could see him running down a mountain straight at us about 600 yards away. When the coyote got to about 150 yards away I muted the MFK Fight sound. The coyote stopped at about 100 yards out and screamed a short quick challenge sound our way and then started another challenge scream when my buddy JP7mag dropped the coyote with his 243 Win.
IMG_1649 by Robert Morris, on Flickr

It was one of those coyotes that we will never forget.

JP7mag ended up getting 4 coyotes today with his 243 and I never fired a shot with my shotgun, but I still had a great time.

IMG_1659 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
IMG_1663 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
IMG_1672 by Robert Morris, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your buddies success and thanks for the fine pics. I would love to hunt somewhere I could see something besides thick woods. Maybe someday.

On our second stand this morning a male coyote challenged us as soon as I started playing Adult Rat Distress, I quickly pushed my #4 preset sound that is Male Coyote Challenge 4 sound. I kept the Challenge 4 sound going for about 30 seconds and then switched to MFK Pissed Male sound for 30 seconds or so.

The male coyote was still screaming challenges at us so I switched sounds to MFK Coyote Fight Sound. The coyote stopped screaming at us and about 15 seconds later I could see him running down a mountain straight at us about 600 yards away. When the coyote got to about 150 yards away I muted the MFK Fight sound. The coyote stopped at about 100 yards out and screamed a short quick challenge sound our way and then started another challenge scream when my buddy JP7mag dropped the coyote with his 243 Win.
IMG_1649 by Robert Morris, on Flickr

It was one of those coyotes that we will never forget.

JP7mag ended up getting 4 coyotes today with his 243 and I never fired a shot with my shotgun, but I still had a great time.

IMG_1659 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
IMG_1663 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
IMG_1672 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
Congrats’!!!!

Back