New Caliber

JTHED

I need, no I want another rifle. I already have a 270,243wssm,223 over 12 ga, ar 223, and a savage edge 223. The cabelas buy my house put the Edges on sale for $250 plus I have a $20.00 off rebate. So you can see way I want another caliber. They have all the calibers in stock that they make in the edges. I hunt mostly coyotes, bob cats, hogs, and whitetail.So what caliber would you get are do you think I need.

Whats the largest critter in texas? A hog, a whitetail? The 270 you have already covers those quite well.

If it were me, judging by your arsenal Id sell my .243 WSSM and put the money you were gonna spend on the edge with it and try find a nice m700 chambered in regular .243 Winchester.

I know its probably not the advice you were looking for but its what Id do.

Good Luck
thumbup1.gif

You gotta thinkl BIG!!!!! Not just whats in Texas, someday you mnight want to go to ALaska, or Africa. Thats how I justify new guns anyway.

The 7-08 trumps the 308 most of the time. I have moved away from the 308 and towards the 7-08 and someday, a 260. Study some ballistic charts and you will see what I mean.

O yea I forgot, Every Texan has to have a 25-06. I think its listed somewhere in the Resident Hunters of Texas Rulebook.

Yep you need a 25-06

Originally Posted By: getfoxyO yea I forgot, Every Texan has to have a 25-06. I think its listed somewhere in the Resident Hunters of Texas Rulebook.

Yep you need a 25-06

Yep! And Texas can keep that caliber. I don't need that thing!

300 WSM everyone needs some thing to kick the crap out of them. You Have to love that! Yes we all need somthing to put them in the DIRT!!!!!!!!!!! And Hard!!!!!

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: getfoxyO yea I forgot, Every Texan has to have a 25-06. I think its listed somewhere in the Resident Hunters of Texas Rulebook.

Yep you need a 25-06

Yep! And Texas can keep that caliber. I don't need that thing!

When yours shows up at your house, go ahead and send it my way
grin.gif
. I have done absolutely zero hunting north of Tennessee, but here in Texas where the deer are small except for the "Bone"..... a .25-06 has no flies on it. That being said, There isn't a deer in Texas that can't be killed inside 150yds with a .223 loaded with the right projectile i.e. TSX,SGK or Partition.

Chupa

Come on guys the .30 wsm doesn't kick that hard.

I love my .300 win mag, you can't go wrong with the .300 win or a nice 30-06. You have all the little guns covered unless you get a 22-250 or a .204. either way you need a 30 cal at some point.

good luck with your choice

Back