New England Hunt 2007

MEGUIDE

For the guys staying at the camp what are we doing for food ?
should we all bring something pre made or will we get a food order up there?
or maybe we can get a list together and every body can bring something off the list.
and about the BEER /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

""Also for any of you that are planning on bringing ars don't forget the mag has to be permanently altered to hold no more than five rounds.""

HUH? permanently altered?

Quote:
""Also for any of you that are planning on bringing ars don't forget the mag has to be permanently altered to hold no more than five rounds.""

HUH? permanently altered?

If you can't find a 5 round AR mag (Bushmaster sells them) then the mag you have when hunting can't be able to be swapped out in the field to carry more then 5 rounds. (Maine law limits all semi auto (non 22LR) rifles to 5 rounds in the mag + 1 in the chamber.

this can be done by either putting a stop pin side the mag, or what I did was find a Colt match 9 round mag, and put a green follower in it, so you can't put more then 5 rounds in it. as long as I don't have a regular follower to swap it, I'm ok.

Here's a link to Maine's hunting regs. It may be useful to the non-residents like myself.

Maine Hunting Regulations

I just printed out my Maine big game lisence for 2007. Too bad it won't let me buy the junior lisence online for my son. Since I paid the $110 I may as well go back up next fall and try for a deer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Hi folks. Every one is busy making travel plans and food and what have you. You will be glad to know that I have pretty much everything taken care of here. I have started recieving calls from excited hunters. I have to put a dead line on registration so I can give Sandi a number for the banquet.

THE DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION IS JANUARY 17, 2007

If any one has any further questions or concerns pm me.

21 Days left.
I have recieved items for the raffles. I will be going up the sunday before to be sure everything is ready when hunters begin arriving.

Good luck & have fun guys.
Sorry I can't make this year, had a blast last year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Aaron

Hey Mark,
remember how to get there, That was a good spot. Be sure and call me when you get back, I want to hear the storys.
Maine001.jpg

fivepaknh. I hope your not trying to tell us you won't be able to make it! Aaron, I will make sure that plenty of pictures are taken so you won't miss anything.

Hey Aaron,
I sure do remember how to get to that spot. I still can't believe you are not comming this year, but I fully understand!

Paul - cut the bulls&*t and get yer [beeep] up there!!!!!! All joking aside, I sure hope you make it.

Quote:
Hey Aaron,
I sure do remember how to get to that spot. I still can't believe you are not comming this year, but I fully understand!

Paul - cut the bulls&*t and get yer [beeep] up there!!!!!! All joking aside, I sure hope you make it.

I'll know tonight when I get to work and read my emails. I'll see if anyone says they'll swap with me. I've done it in the past for a few of them. If now I'll go anyway. The hell with it. My son is also looking forward to this trip.

I found a co-worker to take my on-call rotation. He said he need the extra money anyway. He's saving up for a caller. I turned him on to coyote hunting a few months ago and he was impressed with my Big Country Bandit and my Foxpro 532.

Hi Paul
I am glad to hear that you are going to make it. Suppose to be getting some more snow in the next couple of days so we should have plenty of tracking snow.

I don't know what its been up at camp but it has been staying cool enough. it's been fourtys and fifties down here at home. Tough beaver trapping

"Tough beaver trapping" - Was that a pun?

Paul - glad to hear you are comming up! One of the guys that was comming up with us may not make it. He just had twins, on one is pretty sick. So if he does not come, you are more than welcome to use my 25-06 mauser he was going to use.

Just a few more weeks!!

Back