new Wildlife Tech MA-MAX caller

Did a set last night. I froze and it snowed so hard i could barely see my decoy and caller at 50 yards. That being said i definatly need to mod the remote like i did on my wt 2030 i sold a couple weeks ago. Last night i couldnt even feel if i was pressing the buttons for sure or not. Which is maybe why i couldnt get the coyote howls to stop playing. I will post a pic of the button modification this weekend when its done. I ordered the rubber parts i should have them saturday hopefully.

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEYIPPEE, my new MAX just came in, I am going to head out and try it tonight!!
It doesn't look as cool as yours, Mach!

Hey Guys, is Yoters Den still making caller bags? They made me a killer one for my MA-21,I just looked and they are not in our sponsors any more?

I believe Yoter's Den has closed its doors forever. I hope not as they make good products.

once modded like my old one it will work flawless in the dark. Very easy to feel and know what button you are on in 100% darkness. I wont have to look at my remote anymore. Only buttons i leave stock are the shift and fav keys.

I hunt only at night...and I use nothing but Wildlife Tech calls,I can change sounds fast with my thumb...little glow paint and I am good to go..
I know its not as good as having a list to scroll through,but I had WT put all my sounds in order,all coyote sounds 0-31,crows 32-56, fox sounds 65-80 and so on....I have my 160 sounds mostly memorized..

Originally Posted By: possumalOriginally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEYIPPEE, my new MAX just came in, I am going to head out and try it tonight!!
It doesn't look as cool as yours, Mach!

Hey Guys, is Yoters Den still making caller bags? They made me a killer one for my MA-21,I just looked and they are not in our sponsors any more?

I believe Yoter's Den has closed its doors forever. I hope not as they make good products.

Thats sad Al,They were just great people to deal with,not mention the high quality of their products..

Got my MAX yesterday, planed on going out this AM but slept in, I will go tomorrow. Some thoughts on this machine. Heavy compared to my Fury II and of course the Scorpion. To my untrained and highly deficient hearing this caller is a lot clearer and louder also the sounds appear to be of a higher quality than any of my "other" callers (don't want to get into a P'ing contest). Although I like the remote it does not have a loop to hang on a lanyard. At my age I have a tendency to lay things down and then walk off without them I can see this happening with this remote. Not sure I understand the on/off function, does it turn off by itself or must I push the power button. I do like the remote better than the other callers, I have no need to know barometric pressure, time om stand, etc. When was the last time you heard anybody say hey can't go today the barometric pressure isn't right for calling? So other than the off/on situation I really like the simple use of it. Again I don't want to get into a P'ing contest I had a CS24 - sold it, had a Shockwave - sold it I think, for me, the MAX is a better high dollar piece of equipment. I do have a FuryII and Scorpion and like both of them. If I could only keep one of the three it would be in order of preference Scorpion, MAX, Fury II. By the way the Scorpion was bought many years ago when first introduced, the Scorpion is never left at home when calling it is always in the truck as a back-up.

Somebody explain the on/off function ot the remote to this senile old man.

it powers off by itsself. You can set the time it stays on without activity however you want. its in the instruction papers they sent you. congrats!

Guys these are the rubber button add ons i ordered. I will have them tomorrow. Like i said i do all the buttons except the shift and fav ones.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-Bumpon-Sheet-...=item27f83cbd6b
easy to feel with gloves and in the cold and also really improves button response!
I also had a lanyard on the old remote. Ill address that sometime too.

Last edited:
guys sent this email to wt just now. This issue happened my whole set tonight. And i noticed it couple nights ago too. hopefully they get back with me soon.

Hello Bill or Patricia,

My name is ****************, i just purchased a ma-max caller from you a week or 2 ago. Very nice piece of equipment. I have used it about 4 times now and i am having a problem with the remote. It seems like it will quit working and will start working again if i cycle it on and off 3 or 4 times or so. Ill start a sound playing and then try to pause it or change volume and nothing will happen after repeated tries. I have tried 3 sets of new batteries in the remote and im using good rechargeable batteries in the caller that Patricia approved for this caller. Also normally when the remote is working correctly i can see the little yellow power light pulse ( like when i hit the play/pause button.) But when its not responding to pushing the buttons i notice the little yellow light does not pulse. I am definatly pushing the buttons fully down, i can feel them press down. I always put the caller about 40-50 yards away and out in a field with no obstructions at all so that shouldnt be an issue.
Would you be able to ship me a replacement remote? I never had any problems with the same remote that operated my kas-2030ms. It always worked flawless. Would you be able to ship me a replacement remote? We are nearing the end of the time that i usually call for this winter and i have been seeing a lot of coyote and fox activity. I dont want to be without a caller.
thanks-aaron

Last edited:
JohnP, a loop for a lanyard is an easy fix.
If you have any of the "new" Super Braid fishing line, it's a 5 minute job.
Cut a piece about 6 inches long, double it and tie the two loose ends together. Loosen two of the screws on the back of the remote. I used the ones on the bottom, just above the battery door. Loop the line around the screws, then tighten the screws back down.
I,ve had mine done this way for several years with no problems at all. Hope this helps.

Shayne

I love the sounds on my MA21, but if their calls get any bigger they will need wheels and a trailer hitch. I am happy with the sound quality of my MA21 and don't plan on replacing it any time soon.

JohnP, I had to figure out how to hang my remote on a lanyard around my neck or I would lose it too.

Shayne

Last edited:
Still have not got a reply on the issues im having. Makes for a very aggravating hunt when it happens. Seems very slow customer service if any. Sent another email over a week ago with a question and never got a reply.
So far they were only very good to talk to and got back with me quick until i paid them.Hate to say it really like their products but dang.I will definatly keep you guys posted on what they say.

Last edited:
Just called them and bill answered.excelant service! Should have called them in the first place i guess. Very quick and a brand new remote is on its way! He said its pretty rare to have an issue with the transmitter,usually only find 1 flaw out of 1000 of them.

Last edited:
Back