Newer Bushnell scopes?

I just got a Forge, glass is much more clear then top of the line Vortex. I like the std duplex butg that is a thing of the past, so is fine cross hairs.

Sightron III with fine cross hair for quartering up a p. dog's eye at 200 yards.

Originally Posted By: ackleymanI just got a Forge, glass is much more clear then top of the line Vortex. I like the std duplex butg that is a thing of the past, so is fine cross hairs.

Sightron III with fine cross hair for quartering up a p. dog's eye at 200 yards.
I can’t help but wonder if this review of the Forge scope, might be your April Fools joke.

I have a Bushnell Tactical 5-15 and a couple of Trophy XLT's. They aren't the greatest, but they work and I can afford them. I was going to get one of the x30's but the timing just never worked out and they are discontinued.

I recently bought an X-30 and placed it on my savage 11 in 260. From the price point, I think it s an excellent scope. It is very good in lowlight. I got the scope for a very good deal plus Bushnell's rebate was a no-brainer.

Time will tell on Bushnells new line and warranty.

They have pretty much turned them into a bic lighter. When it has issues, they just give you another scope and make no attempt to repair. Dunno about others thoughts, but that kind of tells me they know it is of lesser quality and not worth fixing to begin with.
I have already seen that happen here and other places.
I don’t have an abundance of money and I make very few long distance hunting/shooting trips anymore. I always take a complete spare rig anyway, but I can’t afford to take a gamble on when a piece of equipment that has a history to begin with will quit.

Not bashing Bushnell as a whole just their attitude towards the shooting community today.

Perhaps Bushnell finds it less costly to just replace a defunct scope with a new one than keep people skilled enough to make repairs on staff. As long as they honor their warranty is what counts and it certainly takes no longer to receive a new scope than it does to wait on one to be repaired.

Employees that know how to maintain and repair scopes are expensive to employ and pay benefits.

I have 40 year old B & L and Bushnell scopes, hard to keep parts for these old scopes.

I recently picked up a Bushnell Forge and Bushnell Engage and am completely impressed with the features/quality so far. I usually buy Leupold (I'm a bit of a Leupold fanboy), but I got a great deal on the Bushnell scopes through their Mil/Leo Vip program and I'm glad I took the chance to try them out. I don't have a ton of trigger time with either of them yet, but I'm completely satisfied so far. They're both extremely bright/clear/functional and I would put them on par with the 3 Leupold VX3i LRP's and 3 Vortex HS-T's I own. As for the Chinese jabs, they've come a long ways over the years and the "higher end" stuff is excellent these days. I doubt the guys bashing higher end Chinese scopes have ever even looked through one let alone owned one. Take a look at some the YouTube reviews for the Forge...I think you will be impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv7uYf5j_Bw&t=400s.

Back