Now thats a gun collection...

coyote.204

I got this in an email. Some of you may have seen it. Even had a shooting tunnel.

The late Charlton Heston's Basement
Let's see.

1. A couple of hundred million dollars of spending money.
2. A Federal Firearms License to own automatic and crew served weapons.
3. A qualified contractor to build the vault.
4. Forty years plus of gun collecting.

Throw in the presidency of the NRA and you have a veritable museum collection in your own basement.

My man, Ben Hur.

jpg.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Originally Posted By: calling4lifeWhere did you think your NRA contributions were going?

Charlton Heston made his money in the MOVIE business, NOT the NRA.

He took no salary at the NRA.

So tell me, where did YOUR contributions go???

Quote:Where did you think your NRA contributions were going,,,,Even the large collection that is owned by the NRA is the result of many members donations of their collections over the years and are selected as to quality when replacing those that are already on hand...With the contacts that the NRA as established over the years, even unique military items are usually donated, rather than purchased..

While I don't have a big collection of firearms, I really have very few people to pass on any of what I might consider keepsake items and rather than having them get out into the hands of the general public, donating them to the NRA or other institution would be a viable alternative to a large auction...

I do wish that the NRA would spend less of my money on printing and postage though and it seems to be getting better in recent years as the economy is tightening...

Heston's or not, that is amazing. If only the powerball lightning would strike me.

Almost as amazing is the incredibly cheap couch in there.

"Almost as amazing is the incredibly cheap couch in there."

Why waste money on trivial stuff like furniture???
smile.gif

Jim

Last edited:
What is so amazing, is that so many of the members on this site are "NOT" NRA members. I worked with a guy the other day that blasted the NRA's ways and then told me he had an imported SKS. I asked him, if he thought he would have that rifle, if it wern't for the NRA. His answer was, my rights are protected under the 2nd Ammendment. When you talk to someone who thinks the 2nd can't be changed by those in politics, you are talking to a fool. They will do whatever they think is appropriate for getting more votes.
Thank god for the NRA and the fear they impose on the hill.

Tom

Originally Posted By: goatesThe phrase beware of the man with one rifle comes to mind upon seeing these pics!

Then there are a whole lot of people that you don't have to fear.

But you should be scared to death of my next door neighbor - a little ol' lady with a .22 H&R break top - made when she was a kid.

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: MGYSGTWhat is so amazing, is that so many of the members on this site are "NOT" NRA members. I worked with a guy the other day that blasted the NRA's ways and then told me he had an imported SKS. I asked him, if he thought he would have that rifle, if it wern't for the NRA. His answer was, my rights are protected under the 2nd Ammendment. When you talk to someone who thinks the 2nd can't be changed by those in politics, you are talking to a fool. They will do whatever they think is appropriate for getting more votes.
Thank god for the NRA and the fear they impose on the hill.

Tom

I agree 110%. Everyone that owns a firearm, reguardless what you think of the NRA, should belong to the NRA. They are the biggest organization fighting for our rights. As said above, "The fear they impose on the hill" is a good reason to belong.
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: George FosterI feel a lot of everyones contributions to the NRA go into the pockets of politicians.

Duh... wake up and smell the coffee - It's called "Lobbying".

Like it or not, that is how our government works.
cursing.gif

A lot of you young puppies weren't here during the BAD years of gun control - when only a few states had "must issue" carry permits.

Now, 35 states have "Must issue" pistol permits, and all but one state, have some form of concealed carry...

There were years when we could have lost the whole damm thing - Sarah Brady is a nothing now, but 25 years ago, she walked on water, and there was a time when most of our country was FOR gun control, and she had congress in the palm of her hand.

Chuck Shummer (NY-D) was a big player in gun control, now he is nothing.

Back in "those days", politicians touted "common sense" gun control to an ignorant public - now, thanks to the NRA, only those politicians wanting to commit political suicide will talk gun control.

Even the liberals are afraid to talk gun control, and if that is on their mind, they sneak it in, and say nothing.

If it weren't for the NRA (and their money to the politicians) we would have gotten nowhere.

There would be no "Heller decision" in the Supreme Court... there would have been no money to fight the local battles... there would have been no money to get local and national politicians elected, who passed laws FOR us, instead of AGAINST us.

So, before you run your loose mouth and bash the NRA, think for a minute - cuz without them, you would have been made gun-less a long time ago.

You might even think of joining the NRA - especially since you live in "New Yawk".

You "owe them" big time!

Originally Posted By: CatShooter

So, before you run your loose mouth and bash the NRA, think for a minute - cuz without them, you would have been made gun-less a long time ago.

You might even think of joining the NRA - especially since you live in "New Yawk".

You "owe them" big time!

+1000!!!

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: George FosterI feel a lot of everyones contributions to the NRA go into the pockets of politicians.

Duh... wake up and smell the coffee - It's called "Lobbying".

Like it or not, that is how our government works.
cursing.gif

A lot of you young puppies weren't here during the BAD years of gun control - when only a few states had "must issue" carry permits.

Now, 35 states have "Must issue" pistol permits, and all but one state, have some form of concealed carry...

There were years when we could have lost the whole damm thing - Sarah Brady is a nothing now, but 25 years ago, she walked on water, and there was a time when most of our country was FOR gun control, and she had congress in the palm of her hand.

Chuck Shummer (NY-D) was a big player in gun control, now he is nothing.

Back in "those days", politicians touted "common sense" gun control to an ignorant public - now, thanks to the NRA, only those politicians wanting to commit political suicide will talk gun control.

Even the liberals are afraid to talk gun control, and if that is on their mind, they sneak it in, and say nothing.

If it weren't for the NRA (and their money to the politicians) we would have gotten nowhere.

There would be no "Heller decision" in the Supreme Court... there would have been no money to fight the local battles... there would have been no money to get local and national politicians elected, who passed laws FOR us, instead of AGAINST us.

You "owe them" big time!

That is worthy of repeating, Cat!

Never ceases to amaze me how many gun owners enjoy their 2nd amendment rights who are not willing to step up to the plate and drop a dime in it to help support those rights but are Johnny on the spot to complain about NRA and other organiztions that are actually carrying their water. Just sayin.........

Edit to add:
You think this guy wouldn't have gone after those rights had it not been for NRA?
2ndamendment.jpg

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Whoever they are they have excellent taste. I see a 20mm Lahti anti-tank rifle, a Vickers water-cooled .303 (you'd never see the water-jacket polished like that), a Maxim, an unusual piece is the Soviet PM M1910, Browning water-cooled anti-aircraft gun (prolly .30), several M2's, and a Vietnam-era M2 all dressed up with a 1st generation Starlight scope. Yes, excellent taste.

Last edited:
I have to be a member of the NRA to be a member of my range...

Man can't even shoot a hint of humor out there without the paranoid getting all worked up. Take it easy, I think your guns are safe.

Back