NYS Coyote Hunters

Originally Posted By: unklebuckAnyone know of any fur buyers in Monroe/Wayne county area?

There will be a fur buyer at our hunt check-in this sunday.....

Ummm, where's all the NY'ers at??? I hope with all the snow yer all out there gunin and skinnin and ya got no time to post. After the couple of inches of ice we got yesterday on top of our snow, it sounds like I am an elephant walking in the woods. Hope the rest of ya are doing better.

Anyone know how last weekends event went??? Couldn't make it, didn't even get to go out.

I have been hunting a little bit since muzzleloader ended. I have done over 20 stands and only seen one that I hit back and didn't recover because of lack of snow. I will be giving it a try at sunset tonight the wind is suppose to let up.

Is that the hunt in Kinderhook??? Was at a 3D shoot monday and heard about it. Too late to register. Sounds like a good one. $500 top dog. $25 for ANY dog brought in (except border collies and Labs....hehehe)

Well, I went out Thursday night into Friday Morn. Got to the spot at 11:30 pm, it started snowing real hard at 11 and drove like lightning to the spot. The snow is real crunchy still so I was waitin for a ESE wind to hunt a snowmobile trail near my parents. My reasoning was that A) The dogs probably use it as a travel corridor as well. B) is paralells some railroad tracks and there are bunnies galore along the brushy edges. C) I can walk pretty quietly along the snowmobile trail.
So as I pull in, I get outta my car, turn around, and across the road (basically where I'm headed) in the field, 45yds from the edge of the road is a Yote. Now, I can't tell you how many times I looked over my shoulder as I threw the hatch open, grabbed my 22 Mag, looked for the clip and spun to head to towards the road. But I can tell you that the Yote stood there and was wondedring what the [beeep] the [beeep] in the car was doing the entire time. As I turned, before I could take a single step, the Yote took off like its tail was on fire. I ran down to the road but the Yote had crossed an open 200yd field in less than 5 seconds. Gone. Hehehe. Now no...I wouldn't have shot across the road if it hadn't moved. I was gonna try and make my way towards the road and cross it and get into the other ditch. It is LEGAL as long as you aren't on the road, just off the shoulder is OK.
Now this is the second time this season I've had an encounter with a dog in that field...soon I will get a chance. I am not parking there anymore!!!
As for the rest of the night, until 3am, I chose to make my first stand about 800yds from there, as the Yote had ran downwind, but there was no way for me to circle around it, I just chose to leave that one alone. Needless to say I say, even with the high hopes I had, I saw nothing else the rest of the night, and I put 5 stands in within 3/4 of a mile. It was snowing so hard I had to brush 3" of snow off of my car when I made it back. It was a great night to be out though. All smiles.

called in a nice coyote saturday morning with female howl and a male challenge. coyote came to me within 20 minutes, i shot him at 120 yards with my rock river .223 and he turned and walked away. i waited till the sun started to come up and found blood, i thought i missed. the blood spray got heavier and heavier and then 30 yards from where i shot there he was. this was the first male we got in this area after shooting three females there this season and five last year. brought him home to skin and weighed up at 49 lbs my biggest yet. as soon as i figure out how to put pics up i will.

Originally Posted By: rimral04can anyone talk me through on how to post pics

Get a photobucket account. Upload the pics there. Hover cursor over uploaded pics there and right click the IMG code(it will auto copy) Copy the IMG code only, not the others

Come here and paste the IMG code in yer post and select the using UBB and HTML code at the bottom of the post box.

Submit the post and the pic will appear.

Congrats on the yote.
thumbup1.gif

Called in another last night. 11pm, NW wind about 10mph. Setup overlooking overgrown field with wooded valley on north edge. Used Faulk's rabbit, and mojo critter. Dog almost made it to mojo, hard charger the whole way. My buddy missed the 50 yd shot. I didn't get a folowup. Oh well. It was his first called in Yote and only my second. We were both ALL smiles, it was awesome.

Back