Obama: Don't stock up on guns

Somehow, the faint memory of the Watts Riots, the Kent State Riots, the Chicago Riots, the Rodney King Riots, the Cambodian Incursion Riots cause a 'reasonable man' to consider the possibility that-with the Drug Cartels in Mexico getting the bulk of their really good weapons from the USA because Mexicans may not legally own guns-guns/ammo will tend to follow the immutable law of Supply v. Demand and rise to whatever the market will bear.

Just a thought.......................................

Sam H. Asbury, III
Cleet #08 PIA 2782

I have no doubt that there will be new gun/ammo legislation before 2010. When it comes up are DR and WE going to admit they are wrong, slink away quietly, or try to defend it as 'common sense gun laws'?

Come on guys, you cannot deny the voting history of Obama and the people he is appointing. Was it Al Gore that said "A zebra can't change his spots" or something to that effect?

The only reason I could forsee the Libs holding off until after 2010 is to try and gain all the seats they can in Congress. After that it will be Katy bar the door.

Quote:
Thats Mexico
I heard another good one about the sky falling

How about you move to mexico? That would be cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think you hit on the key word History
you have never change your position on anything ??
I bet you have //////
you guys take the time to read Jeffs post ?
I will bring some down for your consideration:

As gun sales shoot up around the country, President-elect Barack Obama said Sunday that gun-owning Americans do not need to rush out and stock up before he is sworn in next month.
"I believe in common-sense gun safety laws, and I believe in the second amendment," Obama said at a news conference. "Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word.

I do take him at his word. On his website, less than 3 days after the vote, he had it up that it would be a priority of his to enact a permanent gun ban on "assault weapons", which in fact are no such thing, among other gun control measures.

There is nothing common sense nor respecting the 2nd amendment in what was posted there.

Quote:
"I believe in common-sense gun safety laws, and I believe in the second amendment," Obama said at a news conference. "Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word.

Key words "I believe" and "common sense"

Well here's what "I believe" Obama is going to cave to the mega left and reenact the Semi-Auto ban, only this time it's going to have a bunch more weapons on it.

"Common sense" give me a brake-he's a liberal and there is no common sense with those types.

Quote:
I think people can take me at my word.

Now that right there is a hilarious statement coming from ANY politician, not to mention B. Hussein Obama. How many "promises" has he already broken and he hasn't even taken office yet?
---

I thought about being a democrat. But I decided to work for a living instead.

The older I get the more the term "useful idiot" has meaning. Ignorance is a necessary prerequisite to slavery.

I simply cannot believe that so many people buy into what any politician says. If a guy gets out of prison for murdering a half dozen people would you want him to live next door? After all, that is "history" and he has changed his position. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Quote:
I doubt very seriously that you even own any guns. Now, if Obamalamadindong does panty raids, then my guess is that you'd be in serious jeopardy.

white eagle, this goes for you too.

Quote:
"I believe in common-sense gun safety laws" Obama said at a news conference. "Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word.

And I believe we have more than enough gun laws now plus I suspect that the President Elect's definition of what constitutes a common sense law and what I consider common sense concerning firearms are miles apart. I know I share no common ground with anyone from the Brady organization.

Additionally, while I listen to his words when I look at his voting record and his past statements it certainly is difficult to view him as being supportive of the individual’s right to bear arms.

As for the prices, call it gouging or whatever, its really just a matter of supply and demand. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything people are paying ridiculous amounts on uppers, lowers and complete guns all by themselves. Its pretty difficult to argue there wasn’t an opportunity to buy at a reasonable price. The handwriting was on the wall way before the election. If the legislation doesn’t move forward then the prices will come back down.

Since the election I have been saying that any gun owner that voted for Obama should not only be pistol whipped repeatedly, but also shot! Sorry but thats the way I feel about it!

Quote:
Stock up on guns? Thats a no brainer. We better also be thinking about reloaders, dies, brass, powder, primers, and of course, the pointy things on the end. Rest assured, Barack and his minion, will be eyeballing every facet of the guns, and ammunition issue.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm low on IMR 4350 and I can't find it anywhere and I won't be able to for quite some time. People may be stocking up and I'm all for it, but it sucks when you actually need some.

When Obama speaks and says "trust him" .......

..... what the meaning of "is .... is" just depends on how many fingers he's got crossed behind his back .......

..... When he broke his promise on campaign financing ....

.... he just about twisted some off at his roots ....

Now that he's broke that record ..... he's more flexible than a RUBBER DUCK!!

So what "is" his definition of a lawful gun owner?

From his website ... he promised to re-enact the Clinton gun ban of '94

From his prior positions as a State law maker and also as a US Senator .... (that is when he was actually on the job there) ...... he has a very FRUITFUL and COLORFUL past .........

...... against GUNS!!!

SO IN HIS MIND: ANY GUN ... "The One" does not like ... is unlawful ......

...... right after he signs a law AGAINST IT!

Obamma Speak is EASY ...... If you try!!!

Three 44s

Last edited:
That sorry SOB, Obama that is, can SAY all he wants, but his actions and or voting record speaks loud and clear! That goes for his trusty side kick dumg azz Biden also!

Back