Ohio Roll Call

Originally Posted By: ohioyotehntrDang that is sweet!! My old 10/22 could shoot right with it!! Ok, maybe not. But it did hit the clay pigeon at 375. We won't mention how many rounds i sent out to do it. Lol. We need to get together and see what it will do since I redone it all

I agree. Deer hunting is over with so Rob should let us use the big field out there. I hit the steel plate at 300 with the S&W AR15/22. I only had to use about 8 feet of hold over, lol.

Last edited:
Stopped in at a local farm, farmer was out.. "where you boys been haven't seen you since Oct". Told him I don't like to hunt his farm weekly. He just laffed. Said he's just found a dead cow this morning and 3 coyotes where on him having breakfast. Said we should go over where the cow was and call. Said no thanks we are gonna walk to our usual spot. As we were walking back, thought well the coyotes prolly have a full belly. We sat down by the old tractor tire that has been a monument on the farm for many yrs now. The Foxpro let out a couple greeting calls and we set silent. Looked at the timer and we are at the 15 min mark and haven't seen anything come running down the ditch or the usual path across the open pasture. I let out a couple more greetings, as I hit the mute button I look over toward the old tire and there is some old junk cluttered around it like fence posts and tin. One thing didn't look right in the clutter, bout that time it's head turned sittin right next to the clutter around the tire. I pushed the fire button on laser to turn it on. Flipped the safety off..... Crack.....Not my gun.... Boy beat me to the trigger again.... Nice fat male. We have no idea how he slipped in. It's an open pasture field, he slid in somehow. Hope he liked his hamburger for breakfast, cause his stomach was upset from his 55gr Hornady supper......Pics to come. I guess they do come to the call on a full moon, first for us

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rletts77Your boy sure is laying me out! You're going to have to work on your speed if you ever want to shoot one again!! I'm not to worried bout it, just trying to be a good dad.

b67eeac9e0e925ad0972189845be5640.jpg

Loggers hunt...

Originally Posted By: Loggers InnFat dog.

Sure is. It's a nice one!

The wifey has an evening meeting tomorrow, so I may try and get out.

Originally Posted By: rletts77Originally Posted By: Loggers InnFat dog.

Sure is. It's a nice one!

The wifey has an evening meeting tomorrow, so I may try and get out. Son said he seen it setting there and had been setting there watching us for sometime. He wasn't sure what is was but is was giving off a heat signature with the FLIR. "dad I knew what it was when you turned on your laser. I wanted to beat you to the shot".. he did.
thumbup.gif

I have something similar but Its the Pulsar N750. Its great with a range of 500-400 yards... I do wish i had a head mounted unit, because keeping your head on the scope all night is not what I would call comfortable. You're 100% right buy the best scope you can afford, I started out with a "Cheap" gen 1(ATN 390 Paladin) scope, I liked it but once I saw what the higher quality scopes could do, I had to have one. I didn't keep the Gen 1 scope for more than a year, probably only 8 months before I bought the Pulsar... I'm down in SW Ohio.

Can't beat a head mounted pvs14 and a dbal d-2 IR laser for short range out to 200 yards.... I've shot 225 with a kill, but I call'em in close so we dont need a long range optic
grin.gif

Last edited:
No pics 2night unless some1wants to see icicles hangin from my booty. Man the wind was cold, said 7mph, but WOW. Felt colder and faster than that!

Originally Posted By: Loggers InnJust to let the word out... The 3rd or 4th annual Po' Boys Coyote Challenge is coming up in Ashville Ohio here shortly. I think they had 29 coyotes brought in last yr. Sign in was at 8p Friday, check in was 12 noon on Sunday. $100 four man team entry, trapping or calling (anything goes as long as it's with in the ODNR regulations). 1 team from Frankfort brought in 6 coyotes which was a great accomplishment. Any interests PM me I can get the details.
I believe 12 coyotes were checked in for this yrs Po' Boys Challenge. 1 team brought in 6 which were all snared.

Snared huh....kinda like cheating isn't it? Lol. I'd rather hunt them than trap. Of course I never get out to hunt so I suppose I shouldn't talk crap.

Back