one reticle...what would it be?

outlawskinnyd

whats your favorite hunting reticle? and im not talking about reticle "a" for this and reticle "b" for that. im talking about if you could only have one what would it be?

I like the one in the Minox ZX3... ballistic type with windage dots at about 3"... if I could put it in a Leupold

Last edited:
Great question! Im looking for that answer right now! Trying to put a 1-4hunred yrd scope on my AR for yotes. I like the Nikon bdc reticle but the circles are to big when you get out at a distance with the 4-16x......

I like that the first circle is 200yds, 2nd 300, 3rd 400 & so on. But need one that doesnt have huge circles like the bdc, rather fine dots or something

While I like several, if I had to choose just one, it would be regular duplex. Fine duplex would be a close second. Fancy reticles are nice, and effective, and fun, but I subscribe to KISS as my primary theory for most things, scopes included.

I'm a huge fan of the NPR2 from Nightforce.
Anyone want to start posting pics of these fine reticles so we know what they look like?

NP-R2-r090607_35.gif

Not much that can't be accomplished with a standard duplex.

I've owned 2 different German #4s(just sold one). One by Leupold and one by Premier Reticles. The Premier will remain in the stable forever, the Leupold has already left the building.......

Back