optic vendors?

Clay34

Member
I clicked on the "sponsors" link to see who might support the forum, but found no listings for vendors there. Is there a different Forum sponsor link that I missed? I'm trying to find an aggressive price from a vendor that isn't a scammer. There is that old saying about picking only two out of the following, since all 3 don't exist: Good, Fast & Cheap. I've been looking at pricing from Wiki Guns and gun deals but some of those prices look too good to be true. I also tried to find those websites on "TrustPilot.com" and found comments like "likely safe". Likely safe doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. Not sure of current position on posting vendor sites. If you know of an optic dealer that has good prices and is trustworthy would love a push in that direction. Feel free to send me a private conversation if we can't post these places publicly.

I'm trying to find a better deal than $1800 on an AGM Global Rattler V2 35-384 thermal scope. I am finding things around $1500, but those sites seem sketchy. Thanks for the help
 
The difference between getting what you want and paying $1,795 for it, or getting what you want for a$100 less often comes down to product knowledge and support. Try and get someone from some clearance house website who knows what they’re talking about if you have an issue or question about the product, if they’re even a bona fide vendor or just perhaps a scam site.

I’ve bought a bunch of scopes and handhelds from Outdoor Legacy. Super knowledgeable folks, very competitive pricing and you just can’t beat them for customer support service.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I've got an AGM Rattler 640, awesome piece of equipment.
 
Night goggles and tnvc both use to sponsor the forums. You'd have to ask them why they left.

And Tom Austin was a long time member to boot till business got to busy.
 
Last edited:
Update on my issue, they are still fumbling around. Issue was that the Wraith thermal they sent me had clearly been mounted previously, and the "new" batteries with it were down a bit. So, I got a RMA & a shipping label from them, sent it back for a fresh unit. Friday I received the replacement. Opened the box, saw marks on mount. Checked the serial #- it was the same scope again! Am now waiting on a 3rd delivery from them, hopefully will be a fresh unit. I'm holding the "used" scope just so they can't box it up send it to me again.
 
Update on my issue, they are still fumbling around. Issue was that the Wraith thermal they sent me had clearly been mounted previously, and the "new" batteries with it were down a bit. So, I got a RMA & a shipping label from them, sent it back for a fresh unit. Friday I received the replacement. Opened the box, saw marks on mount. Checked the serial #- it was the same scope again! Am now waiting on a 3rd delivery from them, hopefully will be a fresh unit. I'm holding the "used" scope just so they can't box it up send it to me again.
One of the reason I prefer to pay with a credit card that has buyer protection, it has been a leverage point for me when dealing with some vendors that don't want to play by the rules. I would call my credit card NOW and tell them the story. I sent a camera back to a place in NJ and they said that they never received the shipment, but I had the signature receipt and told the vendor the charges would be reversed if I didn't have a new camera within 3 days. My NEW camera was delivered in 3 days. Hopefully all will work out for you, but don't wait too long to get your credit card company involved.
 
I’m new here too, so I’m still learning which vendors are reputable. I work with Falcon Optics, but I’m mainly here to learn from the community. Hopefully someone can point you toward a dealer they trust.
 
You can't go wrong with Outdoor Legacy and they have a ton of YouTube videos.
New and cheap is a bad combination...prices usually vary little on new products.
AGM has a 5 year transferrable warranty, pretty easy to find a used scope that's not very old, might be an option
 
Update on my issue, they are still fumbling around. Issue was that the Wraith thermal they sent me had clearly been mounted previously, and the "new" batteries with it were down a bit. So, I got a RMA & a shipping label from them, sent it back for a fresh unit. Friday I received the replacement. Opened the box, saw marks on mount. Checked the serial #- it was the same scope again! Am now waiting on a 3rd delivery from them, hopefully will be a fresh unit. I'm holding the "used" scope just so they can't box it up send it to me again.

Might need to check the return policy. A lot of companies replace warranty work with referbs.
 
I know nothing about night hunting scopes. A scope vender I have used since the 1970s for camera stuff then and today for hunting optics. They've even sent me a scope to do a review on. Cameralandny, they've gotten heavily into night vision and used to be a sponsor here.

Just a suggestion.
 
You can't go wrong with Outdoor Legacy and they have a ton of YouTube videos.
New and cheap is a bad combination...prices usually vary little on new products.
AGM has a 5 year transferrable warranty, pretty easy to find a used scope that's not very old, might be an option

Very good company to deal with. They may be a few dollars higher than XYZ, but I don't mind paying it because of their service. Also like you said, their product videos are VERY helpful.
 
Questioned their legitimacy when saw the pricing. Have a good friend from PA, so asked him about them. Turns out he has an old friend that works there.
 
Back
Top