Pics of your paint jobs!!

Here is my M1A in its winter coat (Snow Leopard)

Rsmall.jpg

The other side of the stock.

100_0503.jpg

bob

I gotta hand it to you guys ..... those are all nice.

I'm a big CHICKEN and ain't about to try that!
lol.gif

Dave, what illuminated reticle scope is your AR wearing in that pic?

Hidalgo,

The scope is the old model Simmons Atec, a 2.8x10x. It has given me good service.

I have considered getting something like the Mueller Sport Dot that has the illuminated dot and German Plex. I have had good luck with those scopes and they aren't expensive.

As to the rifle camo, it's not spray can, but rather Duracoat.

Originally Posted By: Mr Potato Head

Rattle cans from Lowes with broom bristle template. Cheap and fast like me.

I like those 2 colors... How does that rust-oleum hold up in the buffer tube? I thought about painting my buffer tube but thought it would wear off or scratch sliding the stock?

Savage 110 with a 1-8 twist Shilen Stainless Select Match barrel. All Cerakote done by myself. All the metalwork is in Desert Sand and Texas Tan. Stock is a Choate, it is done is Desert Sand, Texas Tan, and Multicam Green. Scope is a Leupold 6.5x20, right now it is done with rattle can because I didn't have any air cure Cerakote at the time. I do have some now and will pull the scope and cerakote it here in the next few weeks. Bipod is rattle can.

Glock 19 with XS bog Dot sights and Ghost Rocket disconnector. Cerakote in Desert Sand and Texas Tan.

My sons Mike Bryant built Remington 721 chambered in .270 Win. Action trued, Hart 24" SS barrel. Factory finish on the HS stock, metalwork cerakoted in Desert Sand.

Originally Posted By: Mr Potato Head

looks a lot like the one I did with cattails. might try to redo it with broom bristles, anyone have a good way to remove the paint? I did not clear coat hoping that it would be easier to remove if I decided to redo it.

FR-8 Mauser re-barreled with a take off 7x57 McGowan barrel. Curly Maple stock, Metal Cerakoted in Graphite Black.

Glock 22C I did for a friend, Cerakote in Desert Sand and Graphite Black.

Savage 110 in 25-06 I did for a friend of mine. Cerakote in Desert Sand and Texas Tan, stock has some Graphite Black mixed in the TT to give more contrast on the stripes.

Originally Posted By: reaper4Originally Posted By: Mr Potato Head

looks a lot like the one I did with cattails. might try to redo it with broom bristles, anyone have a good way to remove the paint? I did not clear coat hoping that it would be easier to remove if I decided to redo it.

Acetone will take the paint off just fine.

And this is my baby. Remington 40x action, Bartlein barrel, action trued and barrel chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor by Jon Beanland. McMillian stock, 40x trigger, SWFA 10x42. All metalwork Cerakoted in either Desert Sand or Texas Tan. Scope and level cerakoted in air cure Desert Sand. Stock done in air cure Desert sand, Magpul FDE, and a mix of the two in between. She may be my baby, but she is not babied. Gets drug around and beat up. Put 4 rounds on a 2/3 IDPA steel at 920 yards last Saturday, was the first time to stretch it out that far. And before someone tells me my level is on the wrong side, I shoot southpaw and it makes more sense for me there.

Both of mine were done with Krylon rattle can.

Grass pattern on my Spikes Tactical. I haven't tried it out to see how it blends in to the terrain yet.

This was my attempt at the sponge paint job on my Savage 110 chambered in 270. Blends in pretty well with Wyoming sagebrush!

Back