Pork with a bonus

22magnum22

Well-known member
HOMAnimated (1).gif


I went back last night to the place where I got the boar on Monday night. I figured maybe get a coyote coming to the carcass. It was after sunset when I got there but I soon realized I should have come sooner as there were 4 hogs trotting away from the carcass and they made the trees before I could send a round. So back up on the pond dam and start scanning. Off to the right comes a coyote and stops parallel to the carcass and I send one his way...MISSED! Dadgum it, I hate that. He also gets to the trees so I sit there maybe 10 minutes and to my left comes another hog and walks right up to the carcass and stretches his snout to smell and I didn't miss this time. Now I'm feeling better.
1790292824585.png
1790292763824.png
1790292868718.png

About 20 minutes and in comes another hog from same direction and he stops short of the 2 carcasses and I send one his way. Thump, he goes down and gets back up and attempts to retreat but only gets about 10 yards and piles up. Now I am really feeling good. Another 20 minutes and here comes a coyote and he stops short of the carcass and I greet him with the 55gr Vmax and he goes down. Man, I'm thinking, making up for all the time the heat and extremely dry spell kept me out of the woods. I couldn't find the coyote until this morning so I did get the mandatory pictures. Going back tonight and hoping for a repeat.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top