Post your off-road vehicle or toys or hunt rigs!....

I personally am glad you got them. always good to see people living the dream, & enjoying the fruits of their labor. I have no envy of you, or any other man, because I am living my own dream, & not trying to live yours. ENJOY MAN ENJOY I am. don't apologize for your success. THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE & MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

Last edited:
Man, that's nice, Jump; brings back memories. All that's missing is the white numbers on hood & bumpers and a pedestal mount.
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

Azmastablasta, oldcat. Thank you so very much for the kind words! I truly, truly appreciate it and no need to say "thank you"...lol. Just part of the job!...After 25+ years, going for 30yrs, unfortunately I was forced into retirement. The department I worked for was a somewhat large west coast agency ( 90's L.A. Riots)...after many years, you tend to get involved in many unfortunate incidents and was shot a few times. Luckily I survived them all. Nearing my 26th year I was shot once again, unfortunately this time a blood clot (DVT) formed in my RT leg and it was all over. Guess my only outlet was being out riding and building toys....lol. Hunting had always been a part of my entire life. I come from a long line of "public service" individuals. I truly appreciate that GOD gave me more than one chance to see three of my 4 boys grow into men. And have taught them to truly appreciate life, as it could be taken in a split second. Again, I thank you and May GOD bless you all. Rick

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: JJTAlwaysWishingOriginally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: canislatrans54Dropadog, that is a ton of "toys". Obviously you have a great income! Hahahaha Actually to be completely honest, "N0" (I wish)..lol, I'm just retired LE. Most of the work, such as the fab work, I do myself. Lol.... Those razors are like ten grand each around here and you don't have a good income? Lol... Honestly, I know it's a lot of toys, and yes, they get expensive. But maybe some may think I'm "showing off" that is certainly not the case!!!!! I'm just proud of my stuff, took a lot of work and knuckle busting. Maybe it was a bad idea to start this thread? And hoped.....just hoped it wouldn't go this way! But: as I said "I'm" just Retired LE. But since you implied, I steal the money from the "wife"!....lol. She owns her own Publishing Co. In Vegas and N.Y.... I meant no disrespect to anyone. And I don't care about other people's income! That should have nothing to do with this thread! Just wanted to see others toys, hunt rigs, etc. people that know me, which are many PM members know...I'm a truck driving, camo wearing, hat wearing, down to earth, meat and potatoe eatin guy!!! There's no difference between the guys here posting 15-20 $10k or even more guns they are proud of! Just thought maybe there was some cool rigs out there for all to see....my intentions were not to show-off! If that's what you think. I do understand where your coming from, and hope and believe you meant no ill-will. I was just hoping to see what others use or have. As I said, anything goes. Now you must post your rig.....lol Regards: Rick

Nah man I didn't think you were showing off. It's good to be proud. I'll upload mine in a minute.

Mind the grass, lawn mower is messed up can't afford one just yet
smirk.gif

It's a 2000 Chevrolet Z71 3/4 ton 6.0 Silverado extended cab. 4 inch body lift, 35 inch mud grips on 15 inch rims. It's not much, but I assure you it's been in some holes, it'll take me anywhere I need to go. Not necessarily anywhere I want to go though lol.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DropadoglvAzmastablasta, oldcat. Thank you so very much for the kind words! I truly, truly appreciate it and no need to say "thank you"...lol. Just part of the job!...After 25+ years, going for 30yrs, unfortunately I was forced into retirement. The department I worked for was a somewhat large west coast agency ( 90's L.A. Riots)...after many years, you tend to get involved in many unfortunate incidents and was shot a few times. Luckily I survived them all. Nearing my 26th year I was shot once again, unfortunately this time a blood clot (DVT) formed in my RT leg and it was all over. Guess my only outlet was being out riding and building toys....lol. Hunting had always been a part of my entire life. I come from a long line of "public service" individuals. I truly appreciate that GOD gave me more than one chance to see three of my 4 boys grow into men. And have taught them to truly appreciate life, as it could be taken in a split second. Again, I thank you and May GOD bless you all. Rick

Thank you for your service and dedication.. I can't even fathom how you did it that long. You sure have some really nice toy's.. Drooling with envy.

Originally Posted By: jumprightinitJK.

1964 CJ3B: Spent about a 1 1/2 yrs on the restore.

Sweet, very nice and perfect color on that early CJ!!!! Correct me if I'm wrong, looks like an early 30's ford?...heck...I'd roll in that!...lol! I can picture a few yotes hanging off it. That would be a great story. Definitely both are "head turners"....

Originally Posted By: JJTAlwaysWishingOriginally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: JJTAlwaysWishingOriginally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: canislatrans54Dropadog, that is a ton of "toys". Obviously you have a great income! Hahahaha Actually to be completely honest, "N0" (I wish)..lol, I'm just retired LE. Most of the work, such as the fab work, I do myself. Lol.... Those razors are like ten grand each around here and you don't have a good income? Lol... Honestly, I know it's a lot of toys, and yes, they get expensive. But maybe some may think I'm "showing off" that is certainly not the case!!!!! I'm just proud of my stuff, took a lot of work and knuckle busting. Maybe it was a bad idea to start this thread? And hoped.....just hoped it wouldn't go this way! But: as I said "I'm" just Retired LE. But since you implied, I steal the money from the "wife"!....lol. She owns her own Publishing Co. In Vegas and N.Y.... I meant no disrespect to anyone. And I don't care about other people's income! That should have nothing to do with this thread! Just wanted to see others toys, hunt rigs, etc. people that know me, which are many PM members know...I'm a truck driving, camo wearing, hat wearing, down to earth, meat and potatoe eatin guy!!! There's no difference between the guys here posting 15-20 $10k or even more guns they are proud of! Just thought maybe there was some cool rigs out there for all to see....my intentions were not to show-off! If that's what you think. I do understand where your coming from, and hope and believe you meant no ill-will. I was just hoping to see what others use or have. As I said, anything goes. Now you must post your rig.....lol Regards: Rick

Nah man I didn't think you were showing off. It's good to be proud. I'll upload mine in a minute. Were all good...nice, can't beat those Z71's....those 6.0's go forever...lol. I like the front plate!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: jumprightinitJK.

Sweet, very nice and perfect color on that early CJ!!!! Correct me if I'm wrong, looks like an early 30's ford?...heck...I'd roll in that!...lol! I can picture a few yotes hanging off it. That would be a great story. Definitely both are "head turners"....

That old rig was modified by a rural mail deliverer. I don't remember exactly what it is, just a cool idea though.

Tbone-AZ, I should be thanking "YOU"! Semper-Fi! You guys are the true heroes. My father did 32yrs in the Corp. 3 tours in Vietnam, and made it back, thank GOD!...retired as an E-9, Master Guns. Worked with many Marines, all great people....

Jumprightinit, if I remember correctly, that Willy's CJ had a Hurricane 2.2ltr motor in it? Why I remember, I have no idea...lol. But does it still have it, or did you do an engine swap?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DropadoglvTbone-AZ, I should be thanking "YOU"! Semper-Fi! You guys are the true heroes. My father did 32yrs in the Corp. 3 tours in Vietnam, and made it back, thank GOD!...retired as an E-9, Master Guns. Worked with many Marines, all great people....

Your very kind.. I am no hero.. I did what i did in the service to protect my brothers. nothing special.

I did medically retire after 9 years as a E-6. I was a e-7 select, but they wouldn't promote when i didn't renew and pending the discharge. There are days i miss it, but I just think that after seeing the war.. I would rather be there, than patrol the streets of most major cities as a police officer.

Those guys, day in and day out are brave to do what they do. (the good, honest ones)

The only other job that you just couldn't talk me into is Border Patrol.. I wouldn't blame them for walking off. I don't know how they do that with what they face and no support.

Originally Posted By: DropadoglvJumprightinit, if I remember correctly, that Willy's CJ had a Hurricane 2.2ltr motor in it? Why I remember, I have no idea...lol. But does it still have it, or did you do an engine swap?

F134 in 1950.[4][5] This engine produced a gross output of 75 hp (56 kW; 76 PS) at 4000 rpm and 114 lb·ft (155 N·m) of torque at 2000 rpm with a 7.5:1 compression ratio. 2,199 cc/134.2 ci

The motor in the '64 is still the original F134 , rebuilt about 7K miles ago.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: JJTAlwaysWishingOriginally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: JJTAlwaysWishingOriginally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: canislatrans54Dropadog, that is a ton of "toys". Obviously you have a great income! Hahahaha Actually to be completely honest, "N0" (I wish)..lol, I'm just retired LE. Most of the work, such as the fab work, I do myself. Lol.... Those razors are like ten grand each around here and you don't have a good income? Lol... Honestly, I know it's a lot of toys, and yes, they get expensive. But maybe some may think I'm "showing off" that is certainly not the case!!!!! I'm just proud of my stuff, took a lot of work and knuckle busting. Maybe it was a bad idea to start this thread? And hoped.....just hoped it wouldn't go this way! But: as I said "I'm" just Retired LE. But since you implied, I steal the money from the "wife"!....lol. She owns her own Publishing Co. In Vegas and N.Y.... I meant no disrespect to anyone. And I don't care about other people's income! That should have nothing to do with this thread! Just wanted to see others toys, hunt rigs, etc. people that know me, which are many PM members know...I'm a truck driving, camo wearing, hat wearing, down to earth, meat and potatoe eatin guy!!! There's no difference between the guys here posting 15-20 $10k or even more guns they are proud of! Just thought maybe there was some cool rigs out there for all to see....my intentions were not to show-off! If that's what you think. I do understand where your coming from, and hope and believe you meant no ill-will. I was just hoping to see what others use or have. As I said, anything goes. Now you must post your rig.....lol Regards: Rick

Nah man I didn't think you were showing off. It's good to be proud. I'll upload mine in a minute. Were all good...nice, can't beat those Z71's....those 6.0's go forever...lol. I like the front plate!!! I like the plate too, truck has like 230,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: JJTAlwaysWishingOriginally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: JJTAlwaysWishingOriginally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: JJTAlwaysWishingOriginally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: canislatrans54Dropadog, that is a ton of "toys". Obviously you have a great income! Hahahaha Actually to be completely honest, "N0" (I wish)..lol, I'm just retired LE. Most of the work, such as the fab work, I do myself. Lol.... Those razors are like ten grand each around here and you don't have a good income? Lol... Honestly, I know it's a lot of toys, and yes, they get expensive. But maybe some may think I'm "showing off" that is certainly not the case!!!!! I'm just proud of my stuff, took a lot of work and knuckle busting. Maybe it was a bad idea to start this thread? And hoped.....just hoped it wouldn't go this way! But: as I said "I'm" just Retired LE. But since you implied, I steal the money from the "wife"!....lol. She owns her own Publishing Co. In Vegas and N.Y.... I meant no disrespect to anyone. And I don't care about other people's income! That should have nothing to do with this thread! Just wanted to see others toys, hunt rigs, etc. people that know me, which are many PM members know...I'm a truck driving, camo wearing, hat wearing, down to earth, meat and potatoe eatin guy!!! There's no difference between the guys here posting 15-20 $10k or even more guns they are proud of! Just thought maybe there was some cool rigs out there for all to see....my intentions were not to show-off! If that's what you think. I do understand where your coming from, and hope and believe you meant no ill-will. I was just hoping to see what others use or have. As I said, anything goes. Now you must post your rig.....lol Regards: Rick

Nah man I didn't think you were showing off. It's good to be proud. I'll upload mine in a minute. Were all good...nice, can't beat those Z71's....those 6.0's go forever...lol. I like the front plate!!! I like the plate too, truck has like 230,000 miles. And I bet still running very strong!!!! Gotta find a plate like that!...lol. And the freakin "small minded" people trying to band the confederate flag, un-freakin believable?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jumprightinitJK.

I had many CJ's and my last was a 54' 3B. I pulled a V-8 and put an F-134 Hurricane in it's place. Rebuilt bumper to bumper including making a new better gas tank. Barely got any sleep because of people wanting to buy it.
Finally sold and bought a Nissan that rode very nice.
Also had a few pickups that had the Super Hurricane six.
I still think everyone should initially learn to drive in an old Jeep.

Back