Predator light

Roger. I am planning on using it for scanning. I have a light mounted on the AR. Not safe to wave a weapon around to scan and identify stuff! HA.
So, maybe it will suit my needs better.
Will know in a few days.
Wags

Originally Posted By: smilinIBOriginally Posted By: TakemOriginally Posted By: smilinIBDoesn't anyone see the $270 price tag as a negative for an LED light? PM me for details on a bridge I'm selling, location is flexible.

I don't have a predator light but 270 isn't a lot of money for some people. my cell bill is 100 bucks a month. 270 dollars just isn't that much money for something that you will use for years. If it is there's plenty of other options.

My point wasn't people being able to afford it, it was that $270 for a plastic LED light defies logic IMO. Your cell bill is another subject.

Nope WRONG. Something is designed well for what you need 270 isn't much. Cell bill is relevant because I pay that every month. Further explaining that 270 bucks is nothing. You don't like it don't buy it and stop whining. Boo to you sir.

Originally Posted By: smilinIBOriginally Posted By: TakemOriginally Posted By: smilinIBDoesn't anyone see the $270 price tag as a negative for an LED light? PM me for details on a bridge I'm selling, location is flexible.

I don't have a predator light but 270 isn't a lot of money for some people. my cell bill is 100 bucks a month. 270 dollars just isn't that much money for something that you will use for years. If it is there's plenty of other options.

My point wasn't people being able to afford it, it was that $270 for a plastic LED light defies logic IMO. Your cell bill is another subject.

hold on a sec. So when you buy a product you only pay for the sum of it's parts or do you also pay for the idea? You wouldn't know much about logic. I don't even own a predator light. I just like teaching whiners. Oh and now you're on ignore so type till fingers fall off. In vane of course. Good evening (said smugly).

Originally Posted By: Takem
You don't like it don't buy it and stop whining. Boo to you sir.

I hate when whiners tell me I'm whining with their whining. Having an opinion and supporting it is hardly whining. I never said I didn't like it or was considering buying one. Don't put words in my mouth, read more carefully.

Originally Posted By: Takemhold on a sec. So when you buy a product you only pay for the sum of it's parts or do you also pay for the idea? You wouldn't know much about logic. I don't even own a predator light. I just like teaching whiners. Oh and now you're on ignore so type till fingers fall off. In vane of course. Good evening (said smugly).

The idea for a flashlight, one with LED's, clipping to a hat, dimmable, etc are hardly new. Similar products sell for much less, IMO. The rest of your post hardly warrants a response based on lack of substance. Why are you being so mean and nasty?...your last 3 sentence fragments reflect that even you can see you are losing another public argument and need a rock to crawl under to save face.

Hey McDonald,

I met a couple guys while I was bow hunting out in Western NY this fall, and they were telling me they swear by the same type of lights you are referring to. I believe these guys have won the Western NY Predator Contest a few years in a row.
mellow.gif

Brian

Yep Brian, If you check that contest I'm sure you will see the name McDonald/ O'Konsky on the scorecard for a few years....lol I'd like to meet the people who say they won that contest a few years in a row? Did you happen to get their names? Unless it was Ed O'Konsky I think you were being lied to...lol
Where were you bowhunting? I don't understand why people seem to have such a hatred for the Predator Light, if it doesn't work for you then don't buy it. It works great for me and has been extensively field tested and still performs flawlessly.

i wait to see if a product performs by just callers...in different areas of the east...not guys that own hounds...etc...we are not allowed night vision here...but i know 2 who kill coyotes for contests sitting back..150 yards from bait hung in trees.....and have won many contests....and they can call as good as anyone around....i think your light will do fine if people start killing fur from different states like PA...etc... many here own them....a red light would sell that light much faster also.
just tryin to tell ya what many are sayin....its not the dislike...its what adjustments need made on the light...many like red....

you hunt alot...if you light a thicket with a white light it lights the whole thicket...and makes picking eyes up alot harder than a red light...you will see those blazin red eyes through the thicket...if the bulb was red..
im certain you agree if you call as much as you say....

maybe you also get out there....you are gonna get more kills being out there...
many guys buy every gadget they can and dont get off the couch and hit the thickets where the fur stay...these could be the guys who bought your light....

i used to run my rabbit dogs all night...kept down the line stealin...racing...etc...you know what im sayin...if i still had my hounds i would buy it in a minute did you try the rabbit hound mags...hounds and hunting...etc...bet those guys will gobble the PL up...

Last edited:
Not my light but I do agree that a red bulb would be interesting, I use it for a lot more than hunting so I do like the white light.
Brian, sorry I didn't get it..lol figures, too much to eat today obviously.

My light showed up today. It is charging as we speak. I will use it tomorrow evening to see how bright it is.
No hunting...still working on getting a dozer out of a pond.
Wags

Well, I got to try the light for a few minutes tonight. No hunting, working on a dozer. I think it will work great for what I am doing. I can't wait to try it for real. I had it mounted on the ball cap. I think I could easily identify to 200 yards through a scope. I bet eyes are showing at over 300. Will give real estimates not "I bet" after I use it.
Wags

Instead of starting another thread, I thought I would simply ask my question in this thread.

Has anyone else ever ordered their Predator Light over the phone? I called the number listed on the websight this morning and I got an answering machine. I followed the directions and left my name and number saying that I would like to purchase a light. No one ever called me back.

I try to keep in mind that this might be a home-based operation and perhaps they are out of town or were busy with more important matters so I will hold my judgement before I cry lousy customer service.

If someone has any input that would be great. Otherwise I will take my $340 for the light and accessories and buy something else. It just seems like if they were going to be out for an extended period of days they would have said so in the message.

I had trouble finding anyplace that had an email contact where I could get some more information on the light. I finally found one web site that had the light that had their email contact information listed. I emailed him a question about the light and he didn't know the answer and said he no longer sold the light although it was still on his web site for sale.

hsracer201: Take your $340.00 and buy 4 Kill Lights, red LED. If you think you need white order a white LED mod. to go along with it. After you see what the red will do you'll want to send the white back. AND the customer service is great.

jackindistress: Interesting. I thought there was only one distributor in the U.S.

Back