pulsars and the cold

Not what I expect. If you read my posts I think I explained my opinion/expectations.

Last edited:
Any trail owners have an intermittent problem with the screen greying out when it’s auto calibrating? Mine has done it 5 or 6 times. I have to shut the scope off and on again to restore it to normal. I’ve only had it out in the cold weather so not sure if it’s related to the temperature

Originally Posted By: ToroAny trail owners have an intermittent problem with the screen greying out when it’s auto calibrating? Mine has done it 5 or 6 times. I have to shut the scope off and on again to restore it to normal. I’ve only had it out in the cold weather so not sure if it’s related to the temperature Yes, most likely the shutter is sticking. Instead of turning it all the way off, which will work, a faster option is to manually NUC the scope by a quick press of the power button and normally it will clear it up. It happens on my Pulsar Helion at least one time each night.

Toro fyi when mine did it, it seemed random (never used above 40 degrees). So can't say if it's temperature related. I know my friend's also does it but he hasn't used his in much different environments that I have.

Last edited:
When a user has issues with POI Shifts with a scope, it starts to play with your confidence. Once you start to doubt the accuracy of a scope, and even if repaired, a new miss makes all those old issues start to creep back up in your memory. P&Y, I totally get where you are coming from.

For those waiting to hear, I got notice my replacement is finally shipping. I had originally planned to report on the replacement as to wether it holds zero or not. At this point I'm leaning towards just selling it but will update if I keep it.

Back