PURPOSE of this forum

Critr Gitr

ari-flag1s.gif
---------------------------------------------->
ten-flag1s.gif

The idea of this forum is that when it "lights up", it is something that is so important to everyone that EVERYONE SHOULD READ IT. This morning four items have new posts. Hard to believe that EVERYONE needs to see that much new stuff.

So let's look at what they have to say.

One is concerning an individual's ambition as a guide. VERY important to that person, I am sure. But hardly qualifying as an IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL MEMBERS. This topic belongs in the Member Club House.

The next is an important news article. Yes, it is important. And this one is not so clearly out of place. But we have a forum for news, just below the Bird Hunting forum. It belongs there, although a brief note here to alert members to the topic would be in order. (We just do not want to start clogging this forum with news; it belongs in the news forum.)

One is an alert to a good buy. If everyone posted the good buys they find, then the majority of the membership would stop reading the "IMPORTANT MESSAGES FOR ALL MEMBERS". If it were in the Classified Ads forum, then the members interested in shopping would see it. Otherwise, put it in the Member Club House.

The other is a message directed at an individual. Clearly something that is not so important to all members that everyone should read it. In this case it is addressed to a moderator. If you really want to get a moderator's attention, maybe put it in his forum. Otherwise, if it is out of place there, put it in the club house.

The point is that when the bulb lights up on this forum, it should be of such vital a widespread interest that members go to immediately to see what has happened.

Let's try to get back to that concept.

ari-flag1s.gif
---------------------------------------------->
ten-flag1s.gif

Unfortunately, DaisyCutter, it is subjective. Some posts will be borderline, and allowed to remain, for that reason. But lately this was becoming a general catchall.

Robert, it was not aimed specifically at you, but I did address your post and where it should have been placed.

For guidance on whether something belongs here, reread my last lines:

"The point is that when the bulb lights up on this forum, it should be of such vital widespread interest that members go to it immediately see what has happened.

Let's try to get back to that concept."

Thanks for your cooperation, guys.

Okay I get it now. I'll treat it as if it were the emergency channel on my cb radio.

Maybe the word important should be replaced with urgent or something that has a more dire conotation.

Thanks for the clarification Critr.

Back