Question OAL 300 win mag

Why not quit guessing and buy the tools to measure the chamber ETC. and be done with it.
cry.gif

Originally Posted By: DABWhy not quit guessing and buy the tools to measure the chamber ETC. and be done with it.
cry.gif

What is the point really? I already loaded them as long as I can and still fit in my mag and have a 5 shot froup under 1". I would rather put the money towards powder, primers, bullets and whatever else I really need to shoot.

Originally Posted By: jarheadhunterI am loading up some 185 GR Berger Hunting Hybrids and I am wondering can I just Seat the bullet so it just fits in my magazine?

Or is there a OAL that I should be seating them to?

Load one to just fit the magazine. Then try it in your rifle and see if it works.

If it chambers without engraving the bullet, then don't worry, be happy.

The bullet does NOT have to touch the rifling. Jaeeze - it is a hunting round, right?

Originally Posted By: ninehorses

"... you need to know what the chamber maximum OAL is and work from there.

An E-mail to Berger might be in order, they will give you load info, as well as a suggested seating depth.

You do not.

It is a hunting round, not a 1,000 yard benchrest round.

The difference between tuching and not touching in miniscule, and Berger can do nothing to help - they don't know squat about this rifle.

I will be using it for mainly hunting, but I do intend to be trying to hit the 1000 yd mark with it.

I was just curious to know what Berger said to seat the bullet to in the load data they give.

I think I am good to go with what I have now.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Back