"shoots lights out" Huh?

Originally Posted By: yoteblaster03How about "Runs like a striped a$$ ape", never understood that one either.

Chupa

that saying originate from the old striped prison jump suits. an escaping black prisoner.

Back east we used to hear a lot of "Runs like a r@ped ape" meaning that your car/motorcycle was fast.

Also heard the term "Ape Sh*t" indicating someone that went crazy, same as "Bat Sh*t" or "Guano-psychosis" - Bat Sh*t crazy

I don't think it's just you that's over analyzing foxy.
blink.gif

I think we shall all start speaking properly while discussing the accuracy of our firearms. No need to be creative. I mean really ha ha ha. (think British accent with a monocle.)
lol.gif

"Shaking like a dog $hitting peach seeds"

"Dry as a popcorn f@rt"

"Happy as a peach orchard boar"

"Happy as a pig in $hit"

I like hearing all these, it gives me some new ones to use around my buddies.

Originally Posted By: getfoxyI truly dont understand "shoots dead nuts"? Am I overanalyzing?

Actually that one I can relate to. I learned the meaning way back in high school. In my machine shop/welding classes.

"Dead nuts" is commonly used to mean being 100% dead on. Zero tolerence. Very precise. Exact. Accurate.

That phrase relates very well when describing a firearm and it's accuracy (if it's accuracy is good).

Here's another one. "shoots bug holes".... WTH is that? Dumb is what it is. lol

nuts has nothing to do with it other than make it sound better. Obviously that is where 'deadnutz scope mounts and a few other products were born out of.

Some sayings I'm glad they have passed but some refuse to let them go. One that always got me was "this puppy" of the yuppie era.

My personal fav is " it's better then a poke in the eye" may just be a Texas slang but heck any thing is better then a poke in the eye! Lol...
This has been a interesting topic for sure lots of laughs.

Back