Randy Anderson Bark a lounger info

One Shot Paul,
I am 6' 2" and weigh 225 lbs. A lot more when I have my hunting gear all on. You can't plop down hard. You have to set down nicely. ha ha I've had mine for about 4 years and never had a problem. With your size I don't think you will like that Bark a lounger. I had one similar to it with the cushions and back held up with a strap. If you put any kind of pressure with your weight, the back will not hold you upright, it just bends to nothing. Get another HS Strut and give it another chance. Just ease down onto it. It will last you a lifetime. Good luck

I bought my bark-a-lounger from F&T Furtraders. It was cheaper than anywhere else I looked. It's one of those things that once you have it your really wonder how you ever got along without it. Yes, it is one more thing to carry but it makes sitting a stand so much more comfortable, especially in snow or on wet ground. It was money well spent!

I cannot sit flat on the ground I need to be atleast a couple inches of the ground, If my legs are inclined even a few inches which always seems the case I am uncomfortable.
Gander Mtn has the HS struts on sale $14.99 think I might try one.
Thinking about that other chair as it has a pocket for gear and might fit my caller and has shoulder straps like a back pack.

3807patriot....you might want to look at the Cabela'a Gobbler Lounger. I have one, as do others I hunt with, and they are very comfortable, and so far holding up real well for all of us. They are on sale right now for $19.99. Here is the link:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0036277517165a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Product_liberal&QueryText=gobbler+lounger&sort=all&Go.y=6&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&Go.x=26&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23

Last edited:
Finally got mine today.Havent had a chance to take it hunting yet but I am happy with it so far.I think its going to work great

The seat is probably the most critical piece of equipment besides you call and your rifle!

Man all I have is the little padded seat from kmart 5 bucks. About half the time I carry around a big backpack with water, room for a jacket, camera, etc. The back has an internal frame and is padded. If I lean it against a tree with the pad under my butt its pretty good. Problem is the backpack straps suck with the rifle sling. I also gotta come up with hands free carry besides putting in back pack.unzipping back when i get to the stand is way too loud.

I gotta come up with something. The cheapo walmart chair looks good and in my price range. However I have had those kinda chairs before and something always breaks

I end up leaving more and more stuff at the truck. I dont' even bother with shooting sticks anymore unless MAYBE its a huge meadow. Just a pain to carry them around.

Last edited:
BTW... they discontinued the Bark-a-lounger.
frown.gif

I'm glad I got one while I could.

Originally Posted By: KrakkonHeya SScoyote what are the specs on that bad azz looking pistol...

Krakkon, it's an XP-100 17 Fireball. I also use a 6.5 WSM XP/243 WSSM Striker and am now getting a 22-250 8-twist on another Striker.

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660The seat is probably the most critical piece of equipment besides you call and your rifle!

Man all I have is the little padded seat from kmart 5 bucks. About half the time I carry around a big backpack with water, room for a jacket, camera, etc. The back has an internal frame and is padded. If I lean it against a tree with the pad under my butt its pretty good. Problem is the backpack straps suck with the rifle sling. I also gotta come up with hands free carry besides putting in back pack.unzipping back when i get to the stand is way too loud.

I gotta come up with something. The cheapo walmart chair looks good and in my price range. However I have had those kinda chairs before and something always breaks

I end up leaving more and more stuff at the truck. I dont' even bother with shooting sticks anymore unless MAYBE its a huge meadow. Just a pain to carry them around.

TD--i also have to have a hands-free/backpack-free system even as a long-hiking hunter. I always use my BDU-style side pants pocket hunting pants and shirt pockets for storage of camera/rear bag/skinning essentials/plastic bags/gloves/facemask/camera strap (for coyote transport to fence post)/extra cartridges and stocking cap if needed/candy bar. The seat allows me to also carry another shirt/jacket if needed. I also carry a small 6 ounce water bottle in my shirt pocket, but the real secret to it all is hydrating at the vehicle. If i need to i can walk 4-5 miles in prairie country by hydrating at the vehicle before i take off. BTW, i eliminated the laser by getting a set of binocs with the laser in them.

If you are a taller guy and use a bipod instead of shooting styx then the bark-a-lounger is the way to go. If you shoot off styx then it really dosent matter. I throw a small waist back in my lounger with extra calls, batteries, water,and bullets and it is easy to carry. I find it more comfortable than the HS seat or just a pad and it does have back support.

Back