Recommend Ruger 77/22 bases and rings.

chrisC az

I have just purchased a Leupold 4.5-14x40 scope with a 30mm tube. I plan to mount this on my Ruger 77/22 Hornet (converted to 17 ackley hornet). I wanted to mount this scope using Burris signature rings. I think I may need a ruger to weaver type base.

Just wondering what you would recommend? Do you feel I should go with another set of rings, bases?

I'm putting a 30mm scope on my Ruger 77. I could not find an adapter to convert the Ruger receiver to accept Weaver bases. I purchased Warne 30mm rings built for the Ruger receiver. They were about $60 with shipping.

I have Warne rings on my 22 mag. They are strong rings but a bit of a pain to install. Once in place they work fine.

The picatinny rail would be nice too, but may raise the scope height more than you want. My Warne rings are medium and allows the bolt to open properly.

Thanks guys,

Where are you getting those warne mounts. I seen them for the ruger m77. Don't know if they were for the 77/22. I see that Leupold makes some rings as well where you don't need a rail/base. I'm just wondering if you would have to lap those rings.

BTW Redfield makes a set for the Ruger. They are a little cheaper, about $50, but the Warne are much cleaner looking.

I honestly don't remember at the moment where I got the Warne rings. I know I have purchased Warne for picatinny mounts from Natchez. I may have got the rimfire ones on Ebay, just can't remember.

Accepts all Weaver style rings and accessories and most (leads me to believe not a true picatinny) Picatinny rings and accessories.

I wonder if a gunsmith could widen a notch or two to make it picatinny?

UPDATE: I answered my own question with a call to a local gunsmith today. Not a problem to open the notch up to picatinny.

Last edited:
Back