Remington 700 7mm Mag Value?

Michael396

Any idea of what these are worth with wood stock and sporter type barrel in excellent condition, less than 50 rounds shot from it.

Thanks,

Michael

My buddy picked one up for $375.00 that was in real good shape last year. It was the 700 ADL with the glossy walnut stock.

Really??? I thought a rifle with a $900 + MSRP would be worth a little more than that. Thanks for the quick replies.

The gun I am looking at is a CDL model and they are going for 720-940 on gun broker. Does that sound about right?

Last edited:
If you are talking about a new model Remington 700 CDL you can buy them new for $750 or a little less. For a used one I would pay no more than $650 but that is if it is in fact a new model 700 cdl in perfect condition.

It is not new, it is pretty old actually. It has not been shot for many many years. The gun is perfect though. It has a beautiful stock and the jeweled bolt is so smooth.

I am not sure what it is, but it looks like a CDL. I am going to call Remington with the serial number to see what it is. My Father in Law bought it new.

I have to apologize for being a little slow with this stuff. Guns were never really my thing. I have been around them my whole life but didn't get into the details.

Thanks for all of the help and replies. I will update this after I talk to Remington.

If it's old what you have is a Remington 700 BDL in 7mm Mag. It looks similar to a CDL.

Myself I have a 700 Varmint Special in .25-06 from 1978. Beautiful wood stock with black cap forend.

If that's what it is, probably worth about $450. Mine was a top end model with heavy barrel, price $235 back in 1978. But that $235 hurt back then.

Here's mine, I bet the one you're asking about looks just like it without the heavy barrel
Picture006-1.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with your statement. That is why I called Remington.

Thanks to all for your help with this. I have sold the gun and picked up a couple of replacements for it.

Glad you were able to sell it if that's what you wanted to do. 7mm Rem Mag is a nice cartridge, I had one in a Winchester 70 but sold it because I have a 700 Classic in .300 H&H Mag. I didn't need 2 hard kickers that I won't use often.

Back