Replacing rubber eye cup on pulsar trail

I removed the long rubber eye piece on my Pulsar Trail as I can see better using glasses. Wondering if there is a short rubber cup to replace it, or at least a cap to put over the lens when not using.

The Pulsar Core has the same eye cup as the Trail.

I use the Core as a monocular and I didn't like the long eye piece either. So I ordered another eye piece, cut and super glued it. Took off over an 1 1/2"

Works perfect.
IDsY0O.jpg

Is the super glue holding well?

That little scope sure is compact. Question about the Core, does humidity affect it very much?

So far the glue is holding, but it's only been used a couple times.

I havent used the Core in humid conditions yet. Doubt I ever will. From what I've read it doesn't work well in humidity. My plan is to use it as a guest thermal and a back up to my Helion when it doesn't want to power on in cold temps.

In just the 20's-30's I would get colored vertical lines filling the screen. Swapped out batteries and then it wouldn't power on.

After several tries my Helion was dead. Several hours later at home I tried again and it powered on. This has happened twice!

Sent it in for warranty and was given a new battery. This year I will take pictures and video with my phone to prove the defect.

Back