Rotory Brass Tumbler

Thanks PAHTR760 I just ordered that tumbler. Was going to go with the tumler tumbler but $70 changed my mind.

Good deal...I think it will work for you. Let us know what you think once you get it. And remember...just a *pinch* of lemi-shine, and rinse very well!

Originally Posted By: pahntr760And remember...just a *pinch* of lemi-shine, and rinse very well!

Yep, more is not always better!
grin.gif

i use the volumetric measure from my lee die set for 223 as the measure for my lemi-shine.

5 lbs of brass, 2 lbs of water, 5 lbs of pins and one scoop of LemiShine.

i was using way more originally (well water) but tried testing for less and that seems to be the magic amount for my usage. less was definitely more in my instance.

I just ordered the kit....tumbler, seperator, and 2# of pins and some lemishine.....300 shipped to my door....I ordered it on Sunday and it was at my door in 2 days.
I've used several times and have had no issues with the pins sticking in the brass......so far I've done 308,243,6mm and 223 brass with it. Brass comes out awesome.

Originally Posted By: Jay CummingsLet us know how the Frankford holds up. Looks decent. I got lucky. Being a sanitation worker I came across this in the trash. Works like a champ.

You got the best deal of us all! Hard to beat free!

Originally Posted By: Jay CummingsLet us know how the Frankford holds up. Looks decent. I got lucky. Being a sanitation worker I came across this in the trash. Works like a champ.

I thought I did good geting on for $5.00 though I did buy a Dillon 550 and their BIG cleaner for $100.00 a couple years ago...LOL

Greg

Originally Posted By: Bernie P.Is there any advantage as far as using a rotary vs vibrator?

Rotary types are quieter and can be run with wet media.

Vibratory types can have a larger capacity at a slightly less increase in price. They are also much faster.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: Bernie P.Is there any advantage as far as using a rotary vs vibrator?

Rotary types are quieter and can be run with wet media.

Vibratory types can have a larger capacity at a slightly less increase in price. They are also much faster.

Greg

Vibratory are faster than a rotary? Not in my experience...

Two hours in a rotary doesn't come close to two hours in a vibratory at my house. I'm using walnut. I use a Dillon or Vibrashine vs a Thumblers.

Greg

I must be doing it way wrong. I never had brass as clean or shinny as I got with a Rotary. No matter how long nor what media I used in the Vibratory. And I KNOW the insides and pockets are not as clean with a vibratory.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760I must be doing it way wrong. I never had brass as clean or shinny as I got with a Rotary. No matter how long nor what media I used in the Vibratory. And I KNOW the insides and pockets are not as clean with a vibratory. Agree totally with this. I have used the vibratory for years and it will not clean the insides like a rotary will. It will get the outside clean but not the inside or the primer pockets. The only hassle is having to rinse them them off and dry them. Vibratory is take them out wipe off and resize. But the extra work with the rotary is worth it. Nice clean new looking cases inside and out.

I have two vibratory and two rotary. Just got the Frankford Arsenal here recently and first batch 950 .223's came out nice and I ran it for about 2.5 hours.(in a hurry) I normally go 3 hours on both wet and dry but the vibratory comes nowhere close to doing as good a job as the stainless rotary.

What GLshooter may have meant is with the drying time figured in yes Vibratory is faster and cleans well enough and that's what I do when I need some brass ready to go pretty quick AND that I plan to trim again. Vibratory's peen the mouths so badly I always feel I need to trim no matter how long they are.

Originally Posted By: BearI can't find Lemi shine. Is there anything else that I can use to take it's place?

Ah, you dont really need it. I cant tell that much difference if I use it or not. I use it because I saw it on the shelf at Wallyworld but it seems to make not all that much diff one way or another.

Most any grocery store has Lemi-Shine in the dishwasher detergent area. My pins came with a small envelope that will likely last me years!

Back