Ruger 10/22 takedown?

my buddy came up with a good point, the take down would be very easy to clean from the breach side of the barrel. I take it all back, I want one!

I have a 22take down. I really regret not waiting for the new one with a 16" barrel and already threaded.

I had the barrel threaded and a williams firesight installed. It shoots as good as I can. I do like being able to throw it in a backpack and carry it around. I do wish it came in a more compact case like the marlin papoose. I plan on buying a set of quick detachable rings or a larue mount for when I want to use a scope. I have other 22's for driving nails, and this is more of a plinker.

Originally Posted By: MPFDmy buddy came up with a good point, the take down would be very easy to clean from the breach side of the barrel. I take it all back, I want one!

I have drilled holes in the backs of all my 10/22 recievers, just for the purpose of cleaning from the breach end. Only takes a couple minutes to do and really easy, I only drill as big a hole as I need for my cleaning rod and almost acts like a bore guide. Measure twice drill once!

Originally Posted By: MPFDmy buddy came up with a good point, the take down would be very easy to clean from the breach side of the barrel. I take it all back, I want one!

Your supposed to clean a 10/22???????
lol.gif

MPFD I would put it in a backpack to hike into a camping site for the weekend. Then after camp is setup and I want to go hunting I would take it out and put it together and go hunting. Iam not intersected in hunting my way into camp or out of camp. The gun I currently carry works but sticks up in the air out of my pack and hangs up on branchs. And for personal protection have my Glock.

What I like about mine is, it has a threaded barrel for my suppressor. Plus it fits in my tour pack on the back of my Harley. So I can haul it over to my buddies to shoot.

I had one friend give me a hard time after he saw me with an AR strapped to the top of the tour pack one time. It's funny how nobody tailgates you with a rifle on there.

Originally Posted By: Mr Potato HeadWhat I like about mine is, it has a threaded barrel for my suppressor. Plus it fits in my tour pack on the back of my Harley. So I can haul it over to my buddies to shoot.

I had one friend give me a hard time after he saw me with an AR strapped to the top of the tour pack one time. It's funny how nobody tailgates you with a rifle on there.
thumbup.gif

Back