Season started

Heymartay

Well-known member
Went out this to get the season going,a bit early but going out of town for awhile so figured what the heck, not worth anything anyway.34 degrees so felt like hunting time. Did a couple stands with nothing so went to my go to spot and around 7-8 minutes had one on the way. If I’d had a shotgun could’ve wacked him a few feet from the caller. As it was he did dodged out of there and I whooped at him a couple times before he showed up behind some tall sage. 45 yds drt 40 grn v-max at 3400. Prolly 200 yds from where I got my first one last year.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7949.jpeg
    IMG_7949.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7951.png
    IMG_7951.png
    512.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7950.jpeg
    IMG_7950.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 46
Yea in Montana,September starts getting cooler. Losing daylight quick also. Had to wear some light gloves and a sweatshirt, not much wind so was comfortable.
 
We have a bit of a warmup here this week 45 for lows mid 70’s for highs not bad, better for fishing though. Think I’m gonna take a friend’s kid out and get him some practice behind the thermal to get him ready for action. Give him some shots off the tripod at 100 yds see what kind of groups he gets.
 
Back
Top