so who likes to hunt with pellet rifles here???

thanks for the link. you said you have a large amount of different pellets. could you send me some of each so i could see what the new guns like the best? ill pay you for the pellets and shipping.

got my discovery yesterday and omg its amazing. easy to pump, get about 25-30 powerful shots before i have to repump and even then its only about 50 to get it back to full. tack driver it is. 35 yds is nothing for this gun. still have to shoot at 40 and 50 yds. but out to 30 yds i dont have to adjust a thing. shots predator polymags and jsb exacts almost the same. light weight as well. deffinatly goingt o be a awsome squirrel gun.

my m rod will be here on tuesday. cant wait to get it. hope im just as happy with that gun.

I dont normally go out to the field to hunt with air rifles unless my son wants to take his. I do my air rifle sniping in my back yard. The other day my son did want to take his Crossman out and he wacked his first Ground Squirrel.

4-B3B74699-1647432-800.jpg

Originally Posted By: SwiftNot legal here in PA.

really? sure you cant hunt small gun with them? i Know in NY you cant hunt big game or turkey with a pellet rifle but everything else is fair game

all this talk of hunting/shooting with a pellet rifle os killing me as I sit here looking at my airforce condor thinking of selling it......................perhaps some woods time is needed instead

I also hunt small game with airguns and am a hardcore springer fan. I think I might see some members here from GTA also getting pred hunt tip's here. This look's like a super Pred forum for getting a better handle on predator hunting, happy I found this place. Ed

Last edited:
I love hunting with them. I use to be in to air guns heavy. My favorite was a logun Mkii ($1100) I had several that ranged from $500 to $1100. Im getting ready to order a new one soon. Im going to order a TX200 MKIII. 22cal.Its made by Air Arms.They make some really nice guns. I squirrel hunted with the logun and a TX200 and a Pro sport. The logun would place the 22 cal pellets in the same hole at 50 yards.
Daryl P.

Welcome Ed Whats your name on GTA I am over there also
I had a TX200 MKIII LOVED it but needed cash and sold it
I could hit the bottom of soda cans at 70 yards 99% of the time

Benjamin Sheridan 20cal pump

Received this gun for my 12th birthday, 40 years ago.

Thousands of pellets down the tube and it still shoots like new.

as stated earlier, not legal to hunt with them in Pa - so
my killing shots are limited to tree rat eradication - from the comfort of my living room.

Originally Posted By: Ed EhrismanI also hunt small game with airguns and am a hardcore springer fan. I think I might see some members here from GTA also getting pred hunt tip's here. This look's like a super Pred forum for getting a better handle on predator hunting, happy I found this place. Ed If I remember right I found out about this site on GTA. I use a Remington Summit .177 for all my small game/pest hunting and am working toward a PCP for predators. If NY ever legalizes air guns for deer I'll jump on that band wagon too. I haven't really enjoyed shooting PBs since returning from Iraq and because of that was on the verge of completley giving up hunting when NY made air guns a legal hunting implement. It has allowed me to enjoy hunting the way I used to and to share the experince with my kids, which wouldn't have happened if I'd quit hunting.

Originally Posted By: NY_Airhunter It has allowed me to enjoy hunting the way I used to and to share the experince with my kids, which wouldn't have happened if I'd quit hunting.

That is what it is all about. Glad you have found a way to keep it enjoyable.

Keep on your States game department. Deer hunting with an air rifle is great. I got a lot of ribbing when I showed up at the woods with a "BB" gun. They quit when I took the largest deer of the season to date with it. He was only 30 yards from where I shot him and it only took me 1 shot (versus 5 from a .270 from others hunting). As a plus they do not make as much noise or smoke. 20 minutes after shooting the 8 point I jumped a 4 point not 250 yards from where I fired from.

I enjoy my time in the woods especially when I can pass on what I know to my kids.

I will be picking up a Sumatra .25 soon my self and can't wait to see what it can do.

Last edited:
Back