Spruce burl value??

grinr

Just wondering if spruce burl has any value as a call-turning material,or if not,for other crafts?I beleive people carve bowls from it or something?Just curious as I stumble into it every so often. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Yes, there are some master craftsmen that make incredible hollow forum and natural edge bowles from spruce burl. If you get some, try sticking it on E bay for a buck, and then let the bidding begin. I think you will be surprised at what it will bring if it is a nice peice, especially if it is a nice large piece.

Al

I agree with Al. Pretty much any burl wood sell if it has good figure. And the softer woods can be stabilized. Don't know that I've ever seen spruce burl. It would be interesting to see a picture of some.

Paul

This is a spruce burl bowl. It should give you some idea of what the wood might look like.

spruce.jpg

Thanx for the replies guys.Lotsa spruce forest here,and like I said,I stumble into burls every so often.My buddy has a tree on his property that he calls "Big Butt".It has a huge double burl,bout 3' off the ground that looks like....well...a big a$$! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gifBigbutt is not for sale at any price,as I think Keith is in love with her. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gifShe lives on the trail behind his house where he cuts wood,and I beleive he actually stops and has a beer with her quite often. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Back