Stupid Neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do the backpack thing for bears each spring Nonya. Like I said above I have done a bunch of both I don't bait anymore because it takes to much time and I can normally kill a bear much quicker by spot and stalk. Neither is easy but if time is limited and I want a bear I'll go glass and hike for one.

I can't believe this crap. Just cuz you don't do it doesn't mean it's not right, or ethical, or legal. I think all this holier than thou attitude BS we give each other will be our eventual downfall, not the anti-hunting folks. We just continue to bicker amongst ourselves and sooner or later spot and stalk will be bad too. "You mean all you do is walk around watching for animals? Heck, bird watchers do that, how hard can it be? Try sitting in a truck seat all day road hunting, now that's a test of stamina." I mean, c'mon here fellas, we each have our way of doing things. Ethics aside (that's a personal call), as long as it's legal and you enjoyed doing it, who cares? You drive a Ford, I drive a Dodge. You like Sorels, I like Rockys. You like a treestand, I like a hike. You like waterholes, I like corn. Who cares? I'd rather see a kid out baiting bears than smokin' crack on the corner. I'd rather see a kid chasing a hound up a hill than painting my rock wall. I'd rather spend my time watching bear bait (haven't yet, but want to) than watching the tube.

Sheesh, get off it already.

Nonya,

You have an interesting perspective and an interesting way or expressing yourself.

I'll take what you say for what it's worth.

Randy

That thang got a HEMI????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well put Desertram

Nonya i see a nice rifle in your photo.What if i were to say because we dont have a rifle season here it is wrong and you should use a bow or do it like the natives did with spears.I suppose you are going to tell me its just as hard with a rifle.Everyone has there own method of hunting so leave it at that as long as its legal.

Last edited:
Quote:
Only if your luring in the endangered ivory billed woodpecker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.take care,daveyboy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

The Ivory Billed Woodpecker didnt slow the baiting down.
We can still bait here in Arkansas for deer and bear . But is has to be on your own land. No Game and Fish land.
We cant bait from Jan. 15 to Feb. 15 for deer.
But they started the bear baiting 2 yrs ago. VM

I there is a place taking Tours to see if you can see the bird. And 4 day/night stay for 1300.00. And they was book up. They have a 6 day/and night.stay & tour. I dont know how much this one is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif The money some people will pay.I seen this in the news paper. VM

PimC i would tell you that I dont give a damn about your opinion.Your lovley country will have all your rifles before long so I would tell you to sharpen your spear,hunting over a bait with a spear,now that would be a challenge i would find sporting.FYI I did try to take a B bear with my bow this year and it wasnt over a bait.

Pretty defensive for a guy who can push his morals and thoughts on others but does not like anything said in return.

I was discussing what i found to be sporting,you tryin to tell me you dont think using a rifle on a black bear hunt is sporting?If not then you are just trying to cause a conflict,Im expressing an opinion,not just talking s*** like you to cause problems.Bug Off!I see you edited your post to make it sound less stupid than it did,nice try.

Last edited:
I am not saying its not sporting.What I am saying is you for some reason think your ---- dont stink and put down others for there method of hunting.You say its just your oppinion but you say as though it is wrong.If it is legal then leave it alone you are no better than anyone else here.

Ya it was a little hard to understand and i didnt figure you would get it before.Maybe i will send you a voice message next time.

No doubt I'll catch some heat but here goes. After a lifetime of trying to obey ALL game laws, I no longer pay them much mind. Oh, I obey bag limits, don't road hunt or night hunt with a light, but the game laws have become so oppressive and so downright silly in many cases that I simply ignore them. And unlike the old breed of wardens for whom I had a lot of respect, most of the ones I have encountered lately are SWAT wantabees who have no respect for hunters. We are saddled with the absolutely incredibly stupid 3 point buck rule force through by those hunters who get off on having water cooler braggin rights about the big horns. Crap on the young hunter who has to pass a nice 4 pointer or those of us who could care less about horns, but would like to have some chili meat. MY state makes me hunt coyotes with a rimfire. Bull crap. After losing my 3rd animal to die a lingering death, I went back to my 223 law or no law. Laws are obeyed out of fear of punishment or respect for the agency and I have neither. We have sunk so low in America that we think that we have to obey every rule passed by every goverment body. Not anymore. So I will set my own standards for how and when I hunt and say to the wardens--catch me if you can!
Busted Again

PimC do you have an opinion or something to add to the discussion or you just pop in to talk trash?At least i am taking part in a discussion,all you have acomplished is letting everyone know your a little communist who doesnt think I have the right to share my opinions.I dont want any message from you,how bout you take part in the thread,the topic at hand is baiting animals,have anything worthwhile to add or you just concerned with my opinion?

I am sorry if you are not smart enough to understand my post but it was meant to come across as if it is totally legel in places then why bash it.If he is not following the game laws then he should be punished if he was caught.Sorry if it was not clear enough for you i guess your a little slow.You were the one bashing people for the baiting not me.maybe you should go back and have someone read it and explain it to ya.

Keep it civil guys so this thread doesn't have to get locked down. (although it probably alread should be.)

I offered my opinion,that i dont want to do it,i never said they shouldnt be allowed to do it did I?Apperently you are only capable of personal insults and baiting people into a pointless argument so I will ignore you from now on.Busted I know what you mean about the swat wardens we have these days,all these young wardens they have running around my area are out to make a name for themselves,they always preach about not having quotas for tickets and arrests BUT a warden recently told me the divisions with the most arrests get more money for thier vehicles and equipment than the others do,so if they want the new trucks,4 wheelers,boats,ect ect they have to write more tickets than the other officers in other areas.He told me it is very competative and definetly effects the the amount and reasons that tickets are written.We caught one driving across some of our land last hunting season and he told us he"heard shots from over here" as if that is enough to trespass on private property during hunting season.We told him it was us shooting and he asked if he could come in there from time to time to keep an eye on our place..LOL yhe right,we told him we out there often enough to keep an eye on things and we would put a lock on the gate so he would have nothing to worry about,he looked like he just been gutshot..I wish i had a picture..I dont trust ANY of them,they treat us like we are guilty of something everytime we talk to them,I had one tell me i needed to learn how to attatch a tag to my deer because I put too much electrical tape on it and it was hard for him to get off to check it,next year im gonna use Duct Tape.

Quote:
I offered my opinion,that i dont want to do it,i never said they shouldnt be allowed to do it did I?

I believe what you said to be exact was:

Quote:
I dont see how anyone can set out bait,shoot deer over it and call that hunting,do you take pleasure in it?

I think that pretty expressly implies that anyone who does that is less than a hunter.

I think that PimC was saying that he might say the same thing about you using a rifle and saying you get pleasure from that.

NONYA, lets get something straight here. Lose the attitude in my forum, or don't post here.
Since this thread is headed down hill, I'm locking it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back