the utah legislature finally did it, please read

Looks like nonresident hunters are also allowed to kill coyotes in Utah and collect the $50 bounty. You just need to complete the online training and get registered to participate. That takes about 10 minutes and its free.

What they have not stated in any of this is that the areas coyotes are being killed will be public information. I have been emailing them. I am trying to find out just how specific they are going to be with the information. They told me that they think when someone sees an area with a lot of coyotes being killed that people will be less likely to go there. They have no clue how giving out locations is going to hurt those of us that have put in the time to find spots to hunt. They will end up with a lot of phony information and locations. This is not going to work they way they want it to.

Quote: And if some guys do shoot the coyotes in the other States,just think that's just more that you can shoot here in Utah....Win Win.....lol

Good Hunting Chad

Win Win.... Unless you live in and hunt in a neighboring state near the Utah border and suddenly find your traditional calling grounds overrun with out-state-hunters.

Utards nonetheless
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: TikkaSporterQuote: And if some guys do shoot the coyotes in the other States,just think that's just more that you can shoot here in Utah....Win Win.....lol

Good Hunting Chad

Win Win.... Unless you live in and hunt in a neighboring state near the Utah border and suddenly find your traditional calling grounds overrun with out-state-hunters.

Utards nonetheless
smile.gif

Thats already been happening for 30 years.

The good news is that if there are people out looking for the bounty...You know they are not going to sit very long, and you won't have to think about what sounds to use.. The Jack and cottontail are going to be a no-go. Coyotes will run at those sounds (away).
I looked into this as well.. It turns out that this was pushed by a Sheep Rancher from south of Salt Lake, who is in the legislature. He has a large ranch and the area of the state they are pushing for is around his ranch. Go figure. He apparently loss more than 10K in sheep last year. So now he uses his role in the state legislature to fix an issue he is having.

Back