Tikka Vs Remingtom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tikka t3s carry a 1"moa guaruntee now wich remington doesnt. remingtons quality has gone down hill in the past 5 or 6 years in my opinion, and their prices are terrible. Depending on wich model remington you compare it to, is up to you. I dnt care for the feeling of the tikka action, but i dnt like rems new triggers on matte finishes on some models

I personally don't care much for remingtons (just my opinion!), but i do own a Tikka T3 stainless in .25/06, it is a great gun. very accurate, has shot under an inch at 100 yards with almost everything i've fed it, closer to .5" with handloads. I don't really care for the plastic mag/trigger guard, but have had no problems with either. One thing to consider is customer service/parts availabilty, which is not great with Tikka. I say buy whichever feels better to YOU.

I totally agree with mikethehunter. Almost all manufacturers are making excellent guns nowadays and its hard to go wrong. Sure each one has its pros and cons but for the most part, their all pretty good anymore. I would buy from savage,cz,thompson center,howa,cooper,kimber,henry,tikka,sako,remington, winchester,FNH, etc. Not to mention all the AR15 manufacturers! lol. They all make something great and theyve all made something bad so wichever feels the best to you go for it! I would strongly suggest against a ruger mini 14 though

This thread is going to go down hill real fast. My vote is for Tikka or just about every other manufactuer besides Remington.

Originally Posted By: Flat Land Coaxer I dnt care for the feeling of the tikka action

Id say thats one of the best things about Tikka

Originally Posted By: Flat Land CoaxerTikka t3s carry a 1"moa guaruntee now wich remington doesnt. remingtons quality has gone down hill in the past 5 or 6 years in my opinion, and their prices are terrible. Depending on wich model remington you compare it to, is up to you. I dnt care for the feeling of the tikka action, but i dnt like rems new triggers on matte finishes on some models

What happens if your Tikka rifle doesn't produce 1 MOA of accuracy? Will they actually send you another or fix it? I honestly hate the matte finish on the Rem's. Another reason I try to buy older models.

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiOriginally Posted By: Flat Land CoaxerTikka t3s carry a 1"moa guaruntee now wich remington doesnt. remingtons quality has gone down hill in the past 5 or 6 years in my opinion, and their prices are terrible. Depending on wich model remington you compare it to, is up to you. I dnt care for the feeling of the tikka action, but i dnt like rems new triggers on matte finishes on some models

What happens if your Tikka rifle doesn't produce 1 MOA of accuracy? Will they actually send you another or fix it? I honestly hate the matte finish on the Rem's. Another reason I try to buy older models.

To be honest, I have yet to see anyone post about a Tikka that wasnt MOA.

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiOriginally Posted By: Flat Land CoaxerTikka t3s carry a 1"moa guaruntee now wich remington doesnt. remingtons quality has gone down hill in the past 5 or 6 years in my opinion, and their prices are terrible. Depending on wich model remington you compare it to, is up to you. I dnt care for the feeling of the tikka action, but i dnt like rems new triggers on matte finishes on some models

You get to fight with Beretta Customer Service.

Quote:

To be honest, I have yet to see anyone post about a Tikka that wasnt MOA.

OK, but how many post about getting 1/4 or 1/2" groups all day long, etc... I don't always believe what I read here.
smile.gif

Last edited:
I've got Tikka varmints in .223 and .22-250, and both are VERY accurate. The triggers are easily adjustable, down to about 2 lbs (I think). I put a Jard trigger in the .223. I traded a Remington stainless fluted varmint rig for the Tikka. The Tikka will shoot circles around the Remington. I would take a Tikka over any Remington, just my humble opinion.

Tikka's may be excellent rifles, and the factory may never produce one that doesn't live up to the 1" guarantee.

I did not mean to imply that the 1/4 to 1/2" groups all day long, was Tikka's guarantee.

I am sure the day will come that a Tikka won't group, as with almost anything mechanical it is possible. To date I have never heard of it. Not so for Rem and a few others. They sometimes get rated as hit or miss.
I have heard a few people complain about service not meeting expectations. I know they can be tough. My experience has been quite the opposite. I had to send a Sako in for a magazine problem. Shipped and insured. When I contacted CS they informed me my rifle was being shipped back to my home and they were including a check to cover my shipping/insurance costs.

One thing to their credit is Beretta has been around for 500 years and the family tree is almost a straight line. Not bad when most US gun makers have gone broke several times and or have been bought up.

Listening to Tikka owners try to justify their purchases to one another never gets old. It's like a group brainwash and therapy session all rolled into one.
laugh.gif

Remington remains the best selling bolt action rifle by a landslide, and the one others are always compared to.

'Nuff said......

As I said before, I would never buy another remington, I've had a couple that I just did not like. Other poeple swear by them. Just not my cup of tea. Personally, I'd take a savage over the remington OR the Tikka. . .but again, only my opinion, the Tikka has been great for me.

Interesting enough I just bought my first Tikka in 7-08 a month ago. I have several Remingtons that I love but they have required bedding, new triggers (riflebasix, timney), etc to shoot acceptable groups.

The Tikka I bought has a total of 19 rounds down the barrel and I have gotten great groups with it. The best so far is .436". This is with the trigger adjusted down and nothing else. I am shooting Sierra match kings 130 gr over IMR 4064. This is the first rounds I put together and it shoots awesome. Usually I have to try several combinations of powder, bullets, primers, etc to get groups that good. There is no doubt in my mind that it will tighten up more.

I also have a remmington 700 in 243 ai that Shoots tighter groups than that but it took more money and changes of components to make that happen.

That is my experience with both. The Tikka is going to be a go to gun I can already tell.

I like 7-08s a lot. But I also like my short action cartridges to call short actioned receivers home.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back