Top 5 coyote hunting states?

It'll be fun to watch this for guys who have done lots of travel hunting. How else would one know aside from educated guessing?

The east slopes eastward in the Western part of the continent are prime. From the Cascade east slope to the western foot of the Rockies. Same with the Sierras. Problem is, since you're asking about states, that cuts lots of states in half! From the Rocky east slope to the population centers in the east where it's hard to hunt due to urban sprawl. Then in the Southwest, all of CA ("Coyotes" yes, but "hunting" and "State" no!), AZ, NM, TX, OK... etc. It's tough to say. All places I don't live, I know that!

glad to see Colorado or Utah isn't listed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif ...we don't have yotes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For me, The state of confusion has to be around number 1. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Otherwise, I know there are absolutely no coyotes in Utah, Wyoming, or Idaho, so don't even try to look for them... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dunno about best states but I saw a monster sized one a few hours ago in a pecan orchard here in GA. Dang thing got into the clearcut before I could get my kids' .22 chipmunk out of the case. Would have loved for it to had been his first kill, stood broadside at about 50 yards for a good 10 seconds before disappearing.

Nick T

This is a tough one, so many states with good hunting(other than MN). SD, WY, AZ, TX, and NE would have to be my destinations in that order.

I know where I would go if time and money were unlimited. Interested to see where everybodies dream destination is. Good off-season topic. Thanks
-Ron

RI, CT, MA, NJ, etc...you know, where gun owners have the most rights! Oh wait, you mean that in places hunters actually live and get a good chance to hunt, wildlife flourishes??? No way!

My top five are all right around me. Southeastern Colorado, Southwest Kansas, Northwest Oklahoma, Northwest Texas and the NE corner of New Mexico. Must be the same family of coyotes... huh?

I might contact FoxPro and see what they say. The number of units they sell might give a good indication.

If I relocated out West, that's one thing I would look for.

Are you asking for coyotes in the rural area, or in town (urban coyotes)? You would have to include Iowa in that list. We have as many in the cities as in the farmland. All the cats and small dogs have not all disappeared because the illegals are consuming them. The rumor has it that Our Governor and Hillary have organized a million coyote march in our state fair parade to protest coyote hunting.
Jim

Quote:
I’ve seen most of mine while I'm in the state of un-preparedness.

I didn't know there was someone else hunting in my state /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Rim Runner, we got to get together sometime /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Sometimes I'm hunting around for place to hide because I'm in the state of emergency /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif.

Back