Tough 20 cal bullets

mbaysinger89

I just bought a nib sako 75iii action today. I've been contemplating building a 20 caliber wildcat for years and this is the action to do it.

Now I need to find a bullet/round. I know the Hornady 45 is awful tough, but I'd like this to be shooting 4000 and I don't think a 21-22 inch barrel will do that in a 20-250, 20 br, 20 ppc. I have thought about a 40 Berger or nosler but just not sure with that velocity.

I see black hole has a 37 and 45 great, has anybody used these on coyotes and what are the results?

I would call and talk to Blaine that owns blackhole bullets. He is a great guy he sent me a few bullets to try for my 22-243. I have heard his bullets are scary accurate. I think a 20-250ai that a member we have hear is pushing the blackhole 55gs bullets at like 3770 or so.

Last edited:
I am shooting a 20-250AI with 55 grain Bergers at 3810 fps. I pushed it over 4K and accuracy wasn't as good as it is at 3800 plus and if you are using anything other than Lapua brass it is hard on them. I never used anything other than H-4350 and it is the only rifle I pick up when it is time to go whack a few.
Regards,
John

I've had the Blackhole 45gr cupped base with the lexan tip well over 4000 in my 20br and 20-250 the only things I have shot with it we're groundhogs and a couple of crows the ground hogs had less damage than from the 55gr Berger's.
I'm not sure how they would work on coyotes but I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

Back