Tree Huggers Bash in Denver

claimbuster

I found this on the Wild Earth Guardian's website. In case you have forgotten, the Guardians were the folks that unsuccessfully tried to shut down all PD shooting in Colorado last spring.

"Howl louder at the first annual Treehugger's Bash in Denver! Join us for or food, drinks, a silent auction and opportunities to speak up for endangered wolves in the West.

Thursday, October 2nd
6-9 pm
Wynkoop Brewing Company
$35 per person
RSVP or if you can't attend, donate."

I have always liked the Wynkoop, interesting it was has our Mayor's involvement, maybe we should go! I'm good for $35 for a good time, how about you? In appreciation for their efforts I will donate $35 so that I can express my opinions. How about you?

I think it would be particullary fun if we all showed up in camo. He11, maybe we don't have to pay the $35, let's just show up at the Wynkoop and have our own event.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Claimbuster--Seriously, if I lived w/i 500 miles of there I'd take off work and attend that with you guys, what a hoot!

I completely agree, you should have a pred caller event there running concurrent to theirs. Get a bunch of the guys from the area who attended the Grand Junction meeting, heh, heh, heh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Just make sure you have somebody videotape it and post it online so we can all enjoy it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Man, yessiree, I wanna party with THESE people, whew!

I hope they've got plenty of brie to go with that wine! Somehow I think our guys will pull off louder and better howls than theirs can! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

photo_Gala-07_900x300.jpg

Events
WildEarth Guardians’ events are a great way to stay connected to our work and meet like-minded eco-activists.

Treehugger's Bash in Denver
Howl louder at the first annual Treehugger's Bash in Denver! Join us for or food, drinks, a silent auction and opportunities to speak up for endangered wolves in the West.

Thursday, October 2nd
6-9 pm
Wynkoop Brewing Company
$35 per person
RSVP or if you can't attend, donate.

I think it would be fitting to have a big kettle of "Prairie Dog Stew" cooking in the parking lot & offer them free samples as they walk in.

Of course to have the photo album of the furry little critters shot beside their holes would only fit in as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Perhaps if we offered them a "Deal" we could get them to go with the PM Catering Company.....?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I hear the coyote burgers are great! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UH, i'm a member of the Iowa Treehuggers assn., i think we have a differnt agenda, saveing timbers from being turned into cornfeilds, and alot of talk of hunting

If they would hold their meeting at the New Mexico Cattle Grower's Assn., I'll bet there would be some write-ups in the newspapers the following morning.

I'll wager I'd know who got the "education"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Quote:
UH, i'm a member of the Iowa Treehuggers assn., i think we have a differnt agenda, saveing timbers from being turned into cornfeilds, and alot of talk of hunting

Er, yeah, um, Dogknott, I somehow don't think this whine and brie bunch would quite consider you boys "like-minded eco-activists." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You can count me out. They couldn't pull $35 out of my hand, to be used by them any way that they see fit, for nothing...!! Don't see any reason to blow wind on a smoking stack of dry needles!! The fire could grow faster with no quick way to put it out..

Quote:
You can count me out. They couldn't pull $35 out of my hand, to be used by them any way that they see fit, for nothing...!! Don't see any reason to blow wind on a smoking stack of dry needles!! The fire could grow faster with no quick way to put it out..

Gee, TR, where's your sense of adventure. Besides Tom's latest heart-throb could be there.

staff_Nicole1.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim, if I thought we could show up and have a descent "debate", I'd be all for it. BUT since we use facts to back up our reasoning, and they use feelings and mistrune "ideas", there's really nothing that I can see that could be accomplished. The only thing that could possibly make them see the light, is if some tragidy involving one of their loved ones, or thier dog, were to happen that was caused by a prairie dog, then, as they all do, then they start to see the light. Until then, they simply see them as another "god created, fury little human equal."

I guess I'll have to take a rain check and meet Tom's new heart throb at a later date. Maybe he can arrange to bring her to one of our next "outings" in WY.

TR, you are very right. My bantering has been more for fun than anything else. The last thing we need is more bad press. We always have to recognize that we are in a minority, like it or not.

If you want to see where I got the photo, look here:

http://www.wildearthguardians.org/AboutUs/StaffContact/tabid/95/Default.aspx

She presented in Grand Junction at the CDOW meeting.

Even Tom isn't that hard up.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wow, what a fantastic, upright bunch. Quite an outfit. Here is one of their wonderful staff I saw on Claimbuster's link. She has dedicated her life to eliminating our sport:

staff_Wendy.jpg

Wendy Keefover-Ring
Wendy has been a leader in carnivore protection since 1998, aiming to end the indiscriminate killing of predators in the West. She built a coalition that stopped contest hunting in Colorado—the first state in the West to do so. She also began an ongoing campaign to expose the federal government’s use of toxic poisons intended for predators. In 1999, Wendy organized a national coalition of grassroots groups that are working to ban aerial gunning of wildlife. She works with regional organizations on a variety of predator and prairie dog issues. Prior to joining the Guardians, Wendy worked on anti-trapping initiatives in Colorado and Arizona. She also served on the former Sinapu’s Board. Previously, she worked at The Land and Water Fund of the Rockies and as a paralegal. She holds an M.A in history from the University of Colorado with a research focus on environmental activism among women in early Colorado. wendy@wildearthguardians.org or 303.573.4898

Here is a press release she sent our regarding cougar attacks, specifically on kids. Like the vast majority of Anti's she doesn't really seem to care much about human children. Note the cool tone she affects while apologizing for kid-killing Mt Lions. I'm sure the parents of the dead boy slept better after hearing this heartless witch chide them not not being 'vigilant' enough. Clearly this sick, sick woman believes a few dead kids are much more acceptable than a few dead cougars who range near urban areas. She and her group are lucky that wasn't one of my sons...

"Contact: Wendy Keefover-Ring, Director, Carnivore Protection Program, Sinapu

Work: 303.447.8655, Ext. 1#

The attack by a mountain lion on a child in Boulder, Colorado this weekend underscores the need for human vigilance in order to co-exist with wildlife.

“Mountain lion attacks rarely occur, and they are generally avoidable if we exercise caution and act responsibly in their habitat,” said Wendy Keefover-Ring, Director, Carnivore Protection Program of Sinapu.

Keefover-Ring stressed that, “attacks can be avoided if people exercise caution, like keeping young children always within eyesight of the parents. When we come into their habitat, we must show respect, and vigilance. Co-existing with large native carnivores is the key to keeping people safe and our ecosystems in balance,” said Keefover-Ring.

“Despite the popular myth, mountain lions, unlike black bears, do not habituate to people. The two studies that I’m aware of—that looked at human-lion interactions—showed that lions avoid people,” added Keefover-Ring.

“Attacks on humans occur only rarely, and only because there is something likely wrong with the individual animal. If there’s been a human attack, the animal is generally either in poor physical condition, or a young animal with poor hunting skills that is desperate for food,” added Keefover-Ring.

Experts (Professors Paul Beier of Northern Arizona University (http://oak.ucc.nau.edu/pb1/publications.htm) and Lee Fitzhugh of University of California, Davis) found a total of 17 credible fatalities from mountain lion attacks in the United States since 1890—with two occurring in Colorado—one in Idaho Springs in 1991 and the other in Rocky Mountain National Park in 1997.

A child who disappeared near Ft. Collins while on a hike in 1999, may have been killed by a mountain lion. But his body was found much later and the result of his death was not definitively proved, and thus experts do not count it.

“The demographic of people most likely to be attacked by lions are children under 16, according a 2003 report co-authored by Professor Lee Fitzhugh” said Wendy Keefover-Ring, Director of Carnivore Protection Program for Sinapu.

“Mountain lion attacks occur very rarely, however, because they specialize on deer, elk, and other smaller animals like rabbits and porcupines,” said Keefover-Ring.

“Mountain lions are shy and cryptic, and they avoid people, according to a study by lion researchers, Linda Sweanor and Ken Logan, PhD. In their study they found that lions avoided people in a California park that attracts nearly one-half of a million visitors per year,” said Keefover-Ring.

“If attacks occur, aggressively fighting back is the best course of action. The 7-year old boy who was attacked on Saturday night survived because of the vigilance of his family.'

Notice how this witch refers to "a child" who disappeared in 1999, and is quite aloof and very dismissive of this brutal attack and the boy's horrible death? Well, Ms hyphenated-last-name, Anti-hunting, Anti-Child, Libtard-Keefover-Ring, you didn't give his name because you seek to apologize for the cougar--an animal that should have been allowed to have been hunted and shot by local sportsmen BEFORE he killed this boy. BTW, the poor little boy had a name, it was Jaryd John Atadero. He was only 3 years old, a toddler, and I'm sure is is sorely missed by his family and friends. I doubt this libtard woman has kids, but how dare she blame the parents for losing sight of Jaryd. ANY parent knows a little kid will slip out of sight, it happens to ALL parents. What parent here hasn't felt the fear of losing sight of your kid at an amusement park, a Wally World or, worse, out in the woods? I sure have.

Here is a partial list of people killed by cougars since the 1980s. Note how many are little kids, and this witch could care less about that fact:

Jesse Sky Bergman, 9, male May 16, 1988 Stalked and killed by a four year old male cougar near Tofino, British Columbia

Jake Thomas Gardipee, 5, male September 9, 1989 Attacked and killed by at least two, possibly three, cougars behind his Missoula County, Montana home while riding a tricycle

Scott Lancaster, 18, male January 14, 1991 Killed while jogging a familiar route on a hill above Clear Creek High School in Idaho Springs, Colorado

Travis Zweig, 3, male March 10, 1991 Toddler attacked and killed by cougar in La Quinta, California

Jeremy Williams, 7, male May 1992 Attacked and killed in Kyuquot, British Columbia by a young female cougar while playing in the school yard.

Barbara Barsalou Schoener, 40, female April 23, 1994 Long distance runner and Placerville resident was attacked and killed while jogging on the American River Canyon Trail in California's Auburn State Recreation Area (this case was fictionalized on the HBO TV program Six Feet Under)

Iris M. Kenna, 56, female December 10, 1994 Killed while hiking alone near Cuyamaca Peak in California's Cuyamaca Rancho State Park

Cindy Parolin, 35 or 36, female August 19, 1996 Mother killed while defending her 6 year old son on a horse back riding trip in British Columbia

Mark Miedema, 10, male July 17, 1997 Killed by an adult female cougar in Colorado's Rocky Mountain National Park while hiking when he got ahead of his family

Jaryd John Atadero, 3, male October 2, 1999 Boy went missing while on a hike with a church group. His remains were later found in Larimer County, Colorado's Poudre Canyon and suggest that he was killed by a cougar

Frances Frost, 30, female January 2, 2001 This Canmore, Alberta resident was killed by a cougar while skiing on Cascade Fire Road just north of Banff National Park in Alberta

Leigh Ann Cox, 41, female May 3, 2003 Killed in the yard of her Leslie, Arkansas home. Investigators with the Van Buren County, Arkansas Sheriff's Department have ruled that her death was caused by several dogs. Family members insisted, however, that a cougar was responsible for the attack. Several forensic experts who examined evidence from the scene and the body agreed with the family. Family members continue to insist that local officials engaged in a conspiracy to cover-up what really happened in an effort to protect the local tourism industry. Local officials have countered that the family cooked-up this notion that Cox was attacked by a cougar to shield themselves from civil litigation and possible criminal charges.

Mark Jeffrey Reynolds, 35, male January 8, 2004 Attacked, killed and partially consumed while mountain biking at Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park in southern Orange County, California

Robert Nawojski, 55, male June 24, 2008 Searchers found his body on this date near his mobile home in Piños Altos, New Mexico. Investigators concluded that he had been attacked and killed by a cougar several days earlier.

The opponents of our hunting and firearms ownership freedoms are some very, VERY bad people, IMHO.

I hope this one enjoys the big party at the brewery in Denver. I somehow doubt little Jaryd's folks party much these days.

2258024.jpg

Jaryd John Atadero
Birth: Jan. 1, 1996
Death: Oct. 2, 1999
Colorado, USA

Jaryd was a happy and active three-year-old child. He was with his parents and church group on a hiking outing in Colorado and ran ahead on the path. When the group came to where he should have been, he was gone. It was thought that he had been attacked by a mountain lion, but his father refused to believe it. Then, in 2003, hikers found his clothing and partial remains. Punctures and tears in the clothing were consistent with a mountain lion attack. Jaryd's was a young life that was taken far too soon.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi...id=8220390&

This group's bad news....

We also have a New Mexico State group based in Santa Fe to end coyote hunting, not only by us, but to pull the federal & state dollars in use right now for ADC.

We'll see how well they like Wolves & Coyotes when their prized "Poopsie" poodle comes out the back end of one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

http://www.apnm.org/campaigns/coyotes/NM_assult.php

Back