Vehicle Modification for Varmints

You suck... I'm sitting here putting my time on the clock and your out there fishing... scratch that "catching". Glad to here you got some taco stuffing. Mmmmm BBQ'ed albies...that sounds so good. We are going to have to hit it when I get back. We can take my boat out.

As for the tack... I didn't want to deflate any of Pony's Big chicks.

I give that guys a lot of credit. 200+ pound fish and he lets it go. That's what I call a sportsman.

Hey Pony...what are you guys putting in the water to get every thing to grow so big? Big chicks, big bugs, big fish...

Darrin

I don't think you eat Tarpon (?). I think they are a pure sport fish for great aerials and fight.

Then again I guess it would matter how hungry you were...

I think the size of things in Texas has a lot to do with the nuclear waste buried in the aquifer (?). :eek:

(Just kidding Texans, no more hate mail) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Steve

No, the Tarpon is not a good eater, nor is the carp. Very flashy fighter! Think of a Bass on steroids and a strenuous exercise regime. The Florida Keys are famous for them.

Tuna, ah, good!

Pony like Tuna!

I don't know if I would want anything taller then what I have. You can almost get a nose bleed up on the bench right now.

Thanks for posting the pics ;-)

You can see there above the rim where the top slides off the base. With the top installed I get close to not being able to clear alot of power lines around my house. The truck itself is lifted about 8 inches over stock so the stand ends up being UP there.

I do have to add some gussets to the spindel as the guys in the pics gave the bench a work out and the rough terrain here with a person on the bench bent it over a tad. It will be back up and going and 2.0 by the weekend. the total bench was pretty cheap to build and only took me about a day and a half of brew drinking to get it done.

My 2001 Ford F-350 4x4 is stock height with the bed sitting about 4’ off the dirt/road. I planed on making my “seat” height 10-11’ off the dirt/road.

I have a 5th wheel hitch in the bed of my truck that is mounted on two rails. The rails have lock pin slots in them at 6” intervals to move the hitch around of to get a bigger one someday.

I plan on building an “air chair” that that will pin into the four outer empty pin slots on the rails. That way I won’t need to remove the hitch all the time and it will be very stable with four points of contact to the bed. I also plan to incorporate a ladder that is fixed for getting in and out of the chair while the chair still rotates. I’m thinking I can use the power plug of the 5th wheel to power my light or lights.

That’s the plan anyway. It’s still in the proto type stages but it should work out great.

I’ll post photos when it’s done.

Steve

I also use the power off my trailer light plug. The electronic brake controler has a constant power wire wire for my lights. It is a 10 guage power wire going to the rear 7 prong plug and I just made and adapter to run 12 volt and ground up to my lights. Plug in and go ;-)

Sounds like a winner there Steve. When I get a chance I want to build one like Pony's that will bolt in to the roof rack of my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have built a front bumper and plan on building a rear one that will allow a small ladder to slip in to.

The chair I built for Pony will handle friend like yours Bozowise without fear of bending. I like the though of counter space for ammo, spotting scope… I will have to kick that idea around a bit. Once again nice looking bench there man.

Darrin

Back