Washington State Coyote hunters?

I've been coyote hunting the Walla Walla and surrounding area for about 10 years. I saw two dogs yesterday on my way home from work. This is time of year my dog hunting partners and I start hunting yotes.

Originally Posted By: Mxracer532Originally Posted By: DucksoupWelcome to the board. There are quite a few from Washington and several from your neighborhood. Lots of us "wetsiders" would give our left you know what to live in your area. Lots of good hunting close to you. All my relatives live in and around the Tri-Cities and are either retired or work out at the area. At least I have some place to stay. Problems from a knee replacement has had me kinda gimpy and I haven't been over much this year, mostly stayed close to Ellensburg. How have you done so far?

LOL ya u guys with webed feet im sure would love to live on this side.
I know there are quite a few coyotes around here but man its been tough. I have shot 4 in the last 3 months or soo and been out almost every weekend. The last few weeks atleast 2 times a week and this last week I was out 3 days out of the week. No luck all week, my dad and I called in 4 yesterday and missed 2 shots and come home empty handed. We even went to areas that we know is alot of dogs and vertually no other calling pressure and for some reason just not having the luck on getting the dogs to come in. U should let me know when ur in this area and we could get after em. Have u had much luck? Do u primarily hunt dogs around E-Burg?

check your moon charts the best time to start calling will be the 5 thru the 10th, duane from shooters services has taught me allot about the wind and moon cycles, and the moon really has a huge affect on the yote. check out his website.

Naw, just switch to a shotgun!
wink.gif

I wouldn't be afraid of trying a tree stand. Lots of folks see dogs while stand hunting for deer.

Last edited:
I have very good success in western wa and not very good success on the east side I guess that I just don't know how to call when I can see farther than 100 yards lol any west side hunters interested I a derby?

Back