Well, I retract what I said about bush being bad for the economy

Quote:
Quote:
Somebody pinch me but am I starting to see the light? WAS RON PAUL RIGHT?

Yes !

You better believe he was and still is.

I have told you hard heads this time and time again but nooo, you slammed me for voting for the man. Now you see the light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Quote:

Quote:
I have told you hard heads this time and time again but nooo, you slammed me for voting for the man. Now you see the light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Quote:

Got news for you, I voted for him in the primary and so did a bunch of others here.

It is news and its news you kept to yourself too. Shame, Shame, never be ashamed of what you believe in even if its agaisnt the grain of what the majority believes Mr Greg.

Got news for you, I voted for him in the primary and so did a bunch of others here.

Quote:
It is news and its news you kept to yourself too. Shame, Shame, never be ashamed of what you believe in even if its agaisnt the grain of what the majority believes Mr Greg.

Not news to me Greg was a strong Ron Paul supporter all thru the primaries.

Rimmy, I have supported Dr Paul since before he was cool. He's the only one w/an ounce of intellect that I could follow.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah DR where have you been? Rimmy is right, I was a strong RP supporter and very vocal about it. I have never been ashamed of anything I have stood for DR. Never will be.

Well, I stand corrected Greg, my most humble apologies.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah DR where have you been? Rimmy is right, I was a strong RP supporter and very vocal about it. I have never been ashamed of anything I have stood for DR. Never will be.

The sad fact is this is a 2 party country.Always will be.Ron should have been encouraged to stick to the 2 party system as a fringe candidate will never win.In this case,even if he had been the Republican candidate he would still have lost.He just doesn't have charisma or the ability to fire up the voters.

Quote:
The sad fact is this is a 2 party country.Always will be.Ron should have been encouraged to stick to the 2 party system as a fringe candidate will never win.In this case,even if he had been the Republican candidate he would still have lost.He just doesn't have charisma or the ability to fire up the voters.

He was a Republican candidate. In fact, he personally encouraged me to run as a Republican. I agree in part with your last sentence. The other part was he could not get coverage by the controlled press.

Quote:
C'mon daddy,no one will take you seriously when you link to The Huffington Post.Please tell me you can find legitimate sites for info. If its a struggle let me know and I'll point you the right direction.

DR could link to the Holy Bible and no one would take him seriously. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Certainly not those w/3' blinders on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:
C'mon daddy,no one will take you seriously when you link to The Huffington Post.Please tell me you can find legitimate sites for info. If its a struggle let me know and I'll point you the right direction.

DR could link to the Holy Bible and no one would take him seriously. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I have posted this before, but at the risk of sounding boring and redundant, I'll repeat my position on Bush.

I view his eight years as mixed. His greatest successes lay in his handling of the post 9/11 period and the fact that our homeland has been attack-free since that terrible day. This is a HUGE deal to me.

On the criticism side, Bush is not a Reagan/Goldwater conservative. I got scared when he ran as a "compassionate conservative" because it suggests normal Conservatism somehow ISN'T "compassionate." The government coming along and pointing the attack dog IRS at us to take the fruits of our toil to then hand it away to the lazy, the immoral, the undeserving, etc. is NOT "compassion." "Compassion" is the fact that Americans, despite high taxation, still give more than ANY other nationality to effective charities, ie their churches, and other worthy causes. It is an economic truism that when you subsidize something you get more of it, so when Liberals use the government treasury to subsidise illegitimacy, for example, what have they given us? Right, MORE illegitimacy. And THIS is 'compassion"? Wow, not in this ever-aging pred hunter's book!

"Republican" and "Conservative" are not synonymous. Personally, I am a Conservative and my allegiance is to those principles: ie small, limited government, personal responsibility, strong defense, maximized freedoms, etc. We have a huge battle going on right now over whether or not the Republican party will again become the party of Conservatism or become the John McCain Democrat-lite party, A party of spending, big government, open borders, etc.

I say NO WAY!

This is also why people like me get so worked up over Sarah Palin. She is the real deal and the ONLY Reagan disciple of consequence that I can see on the national scene. Even Ronald Reagan's oldest son, Michael, (the smart one, NOT Ron, the dumb dancer from his 2d marriage) says she is like his dad reincarnated. Strong endorsement, dontcha think?

BTW, I have nothing bad to say about Paul, he has mostly really on-point ideas that I agree with, other than some of his foreign policy positions. Sadly, I just do not think he has the magic mojo to energize people the way Reagan did and Sarah seems to. That is necessary to get elected.

Finally, +1 to AZNATIVE's analysis. Very well put! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Also, Greg, danged near every time I read one of your posts I am relieved that you'll be serving the folks of the 7th in Helena! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif The power in our country was meant to lie on the state and local level, with regular citizen-legislators like you and your colleagues on the county and municipal levels, NOT with a bloated, corrupt Levithan all the way over here in putrid Washington DC, the land of the evil and the home of the cowards...

Quote:
His greatest successes lay in his handling of the post 9/11 period and the fact that our homeland has been attack-free since that terrible day. This is a HUGE deal to me.

What an incredible statement. So if you overlook that the worst terrorist attack to hit the US happened on his watch, If you ignore the fact that presidential briefings pointed to this type of attack, If you don’t ask yourself why cockpit doors were not strengthened and pilots armed, If you don’t stop to think that by getting our military bogged down in Iraq we have supplied they with plenty of targets close to home then GWB did an OK job. Do I even need to mention what is happening with our economy or the infrastructure of this country?

Quote:
Quote:
His greatest successes lay in his handling of the post 9/11 period and the fact that our homeland has been attack-free since that terrible day. This is a HUGE deal to me.

What an incredible statement. So if you overlook that the worst terrorist attack to hit the US happened on his watch, If you ignore the fact that presidential briefings pointed to this type of attack, If you don’t ask yourself why cockpit doors were not strengthened and pilots armed, If you don’t stop to think that by getting our military bogged down in Iraq we have supplied they with plenty of targets close to home then GWB did an OK job. Do I even need to mention what is happening with our economy or the infrastructure of this country?

You got me here, Rimmy!

You're right, Bush KNEW they were going to hit the WTCs on 9/11, but he, Cheney and Haliburton conspired to ALLOW the attack so we could then get into a small war in Iraq just so they could make money for them and their friends--[beeep], somebody has been leaking the truth to you guys!

Bush and been in office for about ~7 months and, again, you're right: he should have armed pilots and reinforced cockpit doors right after his inaugural. He shoulda known and not relied on that pesky FAA!

Yeah, and we sure got 'bogged down' in Iraq while we were winning that war at record low losses in life. Never mind how many non-Iraqi terrorists we killed THERE instead of HERE where they'd have been killing US civilians....

Economy? Yeah, it is a worldwide bad economy and much, much better here than the rest of the world, but, you're right, never mind that fact.

"Infrastructure"? Hey, that's all Bush, too, yep! We CERTAINLY would not EVER consider this kind of thing a STATE issue when we can have it done by a centralized authority, ie the federal government. Why, that worked out so well in the old USSR/Eastern Block, didn't it!? That danged Bush! I, for one, sure look forward to lil' Barry's federalized, high-cost, Chicago-corrupt, shove-leaning 'infrastructure" boondoggles.

The CCC and all that other New Deal make-work crud pulled us right out of the Great Depression, back in the 1930's...oh, wait, it DIDN'T!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Seriously, Rimmy, if you think times are tough now, then go visit an elderly relative or a retirement home and talk to someone who was an adult or teen right there in WA during the Great Depression. Ask them about their daily lives. Perhaps you'll see how good things still are today. We've just become a pack of wimp crybabies...

(Here, try this site: http://www.historylink.org . Search 'Great Depression' and see all the info you get. Look at the pics of Seattle's 'Hooverville' and little WA kids with bloated bellies because they were starving. Bad economy? Our lazy, welfare-recipient poor are still obese, so, please, spare me).

Quote:
Seriously, Rimmy, if you think times are tough now, then go visit an elderly relative or a retirement home and talk to someone who was an adult or teen right there in WA during the Great Depression. Ask them about their daily lives. Perhaps you'll see how good things still are today. We've just become a pack of wimp crybabies...

Come tell that to our night shift at work but you better hurry they’ll be gone next week. I’m sure that they will be overjoyed to find that things could be worse. That attitude is why so many GOP lawmakers will also be unemployed.

Quote:
The CCC and all that other New Deal make-work crud pulled us right out of the Great Depression, back in the 1930's...oh, wait, it DIDN'T!!!

I have read the theory that’s going around about that. It’s an interesting theory and worth consideration but it’s a long way from proven fact. I’m sure that theory will be discussed for a long time but like a lot of economic theory it’s difficult to prove.

Since you've mentioned my employment Java please expound as to why that waste of skin george bush grounded all air travel aside form the Lauden family whom was being allowed to fly home after 9-11 mind you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:
He shoulda known and not relied on that pesky FAA!

Quote:
You're right, Bush KNEW they were going to hit the WTCs on 9/11, but he, Cheney and Haliburton conspired to ALLOW the attack so we could then get into a small war in Iraq just so they could make money for them and their friends--[beeep], somebody has been leaking the truth to you guys!

· March 2001 - Italian intelligence warns of an al Qaeda plot in the United States involving a massive strike involving aircraft, based on their wiretap of al Qaeda cell in Milan.
· July 2001 - Jordanian intelligence told US officials that al-Qaeda was planning an attack on American soil, and Egyptian intelligence warned the CIA that 20 al Qaeda jihadists were in the United States, and that four of them were receiving flight training.
· August 2001 - The Israeli Mossad gives the CIA a list of 19 terrorists living in the US and say that they appear to be planning to carry out an attack in the near future.
· August 2001 - The UK is warned three times of an imminent al Qaeda attack in the United States, the third specifying multiple airplane hijackings. According to the Sunday Herald, the report is passed on to President Bush a short time later.
· September 2001 - Egyptian intelligence warns American officials that al Qaeda is in the advanced stages of executing a significant operation against an American target, probably within the US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_advance-knowledge_debate

Back