What are some of the niggly things that bug you?

Don't they have chiggers in Pa? I have a good neighbor who moved down and became a shooting buddy. He went up into my hills and got a load of chiggers you know where. He called me the next day asking what was wrong with himself. After the description I knew what he had. He asked what he could do. I told him he would just have to wait till they came out the other side. After he quit screaming I told him about chigger rid. He is older than me by 12 years and hunted Africa and had never had a chigger.

lolo.. A bath with a little bleach in it will kill the chigger as well as kill the itching. I've had them a lot because most of our time was spent outdoors as kids.. My wife lived in the city all her life and got her first experince after we moved back to East Texas. She freaked out over the chiggers then she got introduced to the fire ant.. Chiggers aint squat compared to a fire ant..

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerI could swear I've seen adault chiggers running around here in MN but I cant say I've ever been bit by them.

you must be talking about Democrat chiggers??.
lots of them pest around the big cities.
few up here where its colder
smile.gif

Thats a whole different story... I've spent maybe 4 hours in Minneapolis the last 5 years. Went a couple great years without even having to go there.

I would love to move further north if I had some good work.

Our kitchen has two light switches; I primarily use one and the wife uses the other; I like to flip the switch UP to be on DOWN for off....tempted to remove the one she uses.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerSuper glue it in your prefered position.

Now there is an idea!..Well actually I understand or at least `feel like` something so petty should not bother me and chalk it up to perhaps a little OCD..some things seem to get worse with age too though.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistDon't they have chiggers in Pa? I have a good neighbor who moved down and became a shooting buddy. He went up into my hills and got a load of chiggers you know where. He called me the next day asking what was wrong with himself. After the description I knew what he had. He asked what he could do. I told him he would just have to wait till they came out the other side. After he quit screaming I told him about chigger rid. He is older than me by 12 years and hunted Africa and had never had a chigger.

No chiggers in PA that I know of. THANKFULLY. Dang mosquitos, deer flies and horse flies are bad enough.

I can deal with skeeters, chiggers, fire ants, deer flies, and horse flies(two or three different types), cow killers(type of ant) cutter ants etc. etc..

BUT !!! The one bug that bothers me the most is a freakin' roach. Nastiest thing on the face of the earth.. Gnats run a close second to that..

People who run over Turtles. It is not like they dash out in the road in front of cars. Especially people who run over Box Turtles. They live so much longer than people and just look at what they have to work with. Old turtle lives without anyone helping for 80+ years then some one squashes them with a car,just ain't right. I hate to see possums run down to.

Turtles I would try to avoid, but possums...?...worth 75 points! nasty critters

Oh yeah..have to renig on a earlier post regarding which way toilet paper should feed from; should feed from the top!
There may be a few exceptions ie, when it is located just out of arms reach from the `seated position`, or in an adjacent room...lol

I can't say that it irratiates me, but I do find it ironic......Supposedly the citizens of both the USA & Great Britain speak "English".
Yet, there are many words that the US citizens spell differently than is done in Great Britain.

Then there's HDTV programs.
I don't own a newer fancy TV. Mine is a 5-10 yr old 32" Sanyo.
It spent most of it's life in a school classroom, so it's still in very good shape.
I bought it 3 yrs ago, at an auction for a measly $45.
So, I can't yet justify buying a new TV.
Anyway...
It irratates me that when I'm watching TV, some of the shows are smaller than my screen (narrower, top to bottom).
Some shows fit the screen perfectly.
And the shows that are in HD, (such as a lot of sports)...those shows are bigger than my screen, and so I don't get to see whatever might be happening on the edges.

Back