What do u think of a 221 fireball in a encore?

I was looking for a short range coyote gun so i have a tc encore in a 223. So i thought i would get me a 221 fireball just thought i would see what all of u thought. maybe help me pick a good cal for close coyotes and just for fun.

I shoot a .221 in a Contender carbine and its great. I've spent an entire day shooting prairie dogs with it out to beyond 300 yds. Very accurate and easy to load for.

Unless you gun has more than one barrel all guns are single shots.

Originally Posted By: getfoxyUm...ok.... I'll rephrase- I don't want to have to fiddle with cartridges when it's 20 degrees outside

This X 2

I have a Fireball in a Rem 700 LVSF that's a real joy to shoot. To get the most out of the Fireball you have to reload for it. Remington is the only company that has ammo for it that I know of and only one load, a 50 grainer.

I have not shot a 221 in a TC Encore but I'm sure with the right load, it would be a real tack driver.

I thunk what the feller is getting at is that he has a frame and just wants an additional barrel. With that being said, the FB is a tiny case to be fumbling with in the cold or when the adrenaline flows. Again, aside from THAT, it would work!

Thank you all for your info i ordered my 221 fb barrel today.Picked me up some reloader 7 and some 40 grain sierra hpbt,also some 50 nosler bt. well of to the reloading room aka man cave.

I used Bullberry barrels back when I was using the Encores. I had a 17 Mach IV (.221FB necked down) and a .223 barrel but quickly got tired of the little quirks of the single shot break-opens and went back to bolt-guns but they are handy and if you get one that shoots good can be enjoyable.

Originally Posted By: montanawolverine28well got some bad news today i guess tc custom shop barrels are not going to come out until feb. soooo i went and ordered a cz usa 221 fireball.

ATTA BOY!!

Thank u all i did a some thinking on the encore thing and i am sure the 221 encore would sit in the safe just like the 223 encore. kind of feel like a kid at xmas it will be in a day after turkey day!!!!!!!

Hey the main reason those "PRO's" use them is because they get them for free.
rolleyes.gif

Back